Homebrew RELEASE Lockpick - Switch key derivation homebrew

Wanap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Not sure what that has to do with lockpick, but you can't just install the DLC and expect it to work. You also have to download and install the corresponding game updates which is what the game is trying to download.
oh didnt know that. Tried searching for a tutorial on this topic but couldnt find any good. Would you be kind enough to point me at a right direction?

shchmue

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update 1.1 is out! Download here: https://github.com/shchmue/Lockpick/releases/tag/v1.1
  • Changed titlekey dump methodology
    • No longer crashes sysmodule, reboot no longer needed
    • Queries ES to verify ticket list is accurate
    • May take slightly longer than before on systems with hundreds of tickets
  • Now dumps SD seed
  • Reorganized and clarified UI text
    • Now indicates if no titles are installed to dump titlekeys from
  • Swapped C++ stream functions for C I/O to reclaim some speed and binary size
  • Tightened up dependencies

Miqote

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
I do have to ask - Seeing that the whole LGBT thing (no matter what you believe, and my opinion is just as unimportant) clearly sparked a lot of heat on both sides, I'd recommend next time to just leave any sort of political/idealogical stuff out of software. I understand that LGBT people have been important in your life, but they were important because of who they were, not who they liked, yes?

It just seems like it causes a lot of trouble for something that you don't really need to shout about or force on people.

Anyhow, that's just my two cents. This is awesome work - Keep it up!

Last edited by Miqote,

Cerberusflame99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20181229_072521.jpg
Hey, so idk if this is the right place for it but everytime i try to use lockpick, i get an error. my screen goes black with white text.

Do you have any idea what might be happening? Ive tried with the latest atmosphere and with the latest Reinx

shchmue

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 153562 Hey, so idk if this is the right place for it but everytime i try to use lockpick, i get an error. my screen goes black with white text.

Do you have any idea what might be happening? Ive tried with the latest atmosphere and with the latest Reinx
is that using version 1.1 release from GitHub or did you compile it yourself?

edit: oh and are your hbloader and hbmenu up to date?

Last edited by shchmue,

shchmue

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pushed a fix for firmware version 1.0.0, nothing different otherwise
Lockpick no longer tries to dump SD seed or ES keys on 1.0.0 as they're not available until firmware 2.0.0. The ES search takes several seconds when it fails to find the keys so it slowed the program down quite a bit before the fix.

https://github.com/shchmue/Lockpick/releases/tag/v1.1.1

Last edited by shchmue,

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@shchmue Is it actually technically possible to dump the required data directly via a homebrew tool, so that it is no longer necessary to do that via Hekate? So just one tool for generating the keys?

shchmue

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using the 1.1 GitHub release. Both HBloader and HBmenu are up to date.
Are you running any custom kip sysmodules, qlaunch overrides or launching hbmenu with something other than Album or anything else custom? If so can you try without?

@shchmue Is it actually technically possible to dump the required data directly via a homebrew tool, so that it is no longer necessary to do that via Hekate? So just one tool for generating the keys?
I researched this pretty extensively in the making of Lockpick and unfortunately it can't be done due to security features of the Switch. The only workarounds are via payload and Hekate is the cleanest one short of dumping all the keys by payload, which would be ideal, but I haven't looked into it yet. It would also be much slower and there's basically no way around that.

Reactions: Muxi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4