shchmue

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using SX OS 2.3 beta (horizon at 6.1.0) and tried to dump my keys with your app. Tegra key dumping always failed. Any idea?
did you follow the Hekate dumping instructions before running this? unfortunately there's no way to get all the keys without pushing the Hekate payload and dumping fuse info and *TSEC keys. since you're on 6.1.0 though, you can use biskeydump and do those to SD if you prefer.

Last edited by shchmue,
Reactions: Condemned87

Condemned87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
did you follow the Hekate dumping instructions before running this? unfortunately there's no way to get all the keys without pushing the Hekate payload and dumping fuse info and SBK. since you're on 6.1.0 though, you can use biskeydump and do those to SD if you prefer.

Thank you... Reading is the key. I'm sorry. :-)

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Again, you are mistaken. My previous post was to point to you that, in fact, you have the right as a US citizen to "be a dick" when a part of a public forum. In no way did I mean that to associate with privately-run "internet forums". However, websites can legitimately be called public forums if they pronounce themselves as one, or if the government rules them out to be.

This has been stated already, and I certainly understand it in this regard. Though, completely dismissing its political involvement because of your feelings on the matter is just plain silly. My statement was that the "LGBTQ" movement "has a heavy rooting in modern politics", and no matter how you feel about the subject, this is the truth and cannot be denied.
new or old, it's still not making sence... not if you strictly look at politics, but when it comes to easy excuses, escape goates, and religions... that makes sence i mean there's no reason for politicians to be against gays other then the named ones... got now with this bullshit back to you politicians, they and the priests are the real evil, not the gay people.

LUCKASS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
that's the correct number for any firmware below 6.2.0, yes

Hi there ! I tried to use my dumped keys (120 for 6.2) for Tinfoil DZ (to manage my games update) but DZ said that he want more keys, and from the game list I cannot see update.

I trying to run devmenu but I get a blackscreen..
Can I have some help ? Thanks !

Last edited by LUCKASS,

Augar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Successful dump using your tool! Atmosphere 0.8.2 and 6.2.0.

Tested them on 4NXCI, it worked.

awideen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When using this in conjunction with zerotwoxci which key file do I paste on the root and rename to prod.keys?

Thanks all for the effort with this!

shchmue

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to obtain the keys from an emuNand 6.2.0 (sysNand 5.1.0)?
not sure how that works. depends if emunand includes boot0 from 6.2.0 and you can dump the tsec_root_key from it with hekate 4.5. it it doesn't, then no.

shchmue

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I need an new dump from the keys at 6.2 if my last was at 6.1?
the hekate dumps? correct, without that it will not derive the new 06 keys. it's safe to just delete your /backup/<nandserial>/dumps folder just to be sure, someone i helped had to do that even though hekate is supposed to overwrite the files with a new dump <_<

shchmue

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ge tthis exact issue. Any fix? ITs driving me insane.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When trying to get the keys using this it says Failed:Reboot and try again. Please help!
means you don't have any titlekeys to dump. I'm adding a check and improving messaging in the next version

palantine

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
But LGBTQ isn't political. It's ideological.

You are the one arbitrarily defining that an ideology is not political. Maybe there are exceptions to this, but nearly all ideologies are political in nature. Communism is an ideology and I think you would be hard pressed to argue it's not political. Catholicism is a religious ideology but almost everyone can understand the overlap between religious beliefs and politics. Finally LGBTQ may be an ideology but there is clearly a political dimension to it whether it be politics in the regular sense, or the politics of personhood and identity.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

An internet forum is not a public forum since it is privately owned and not operated by the government. For that matter, it is not even a nonpublic forum, since again, it is privately operated. Freedom of speech does not have to be respected in a privatized context, only a public context. If you've ever wondered why internet forums can enforce seemingly arbitrary rules without running afoul of the law, this is why. You seem to have mixed up the legal definition of forum with internet forums. They're not the same thing.

You are actually wrong on this respect. There are absolutely situations where freedom of speech must be respected in a privatized context, and there have been many court decisions reflecting this concept. As early as 1946, the Supreme Court ruled on this issue.[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marsh_v._Alabama] A citizen was handing out religious leaflets in a privately owned company town. The argument was made that this person had no right to free speech because he was in a town owned by this corporation. This was laughable then and its laughable now. This was then used as the basis for another landmark case more specifically relevant to this issue, Cyber Promotions v. America Online. AOL attempted to ban this company from advertising on their servers because they owned them. The court concluded that free speech provisions applied because AOL had opened their servers to the public and there was an expectation that constitutional protections could be applied.

Another example of this is phone lines or internet connections. If a religious authority purchases your local ISP, do they have the right to deny free use of their cables and connections? The answer is no, because they are considered a common carrier. This was part of the 2015 net neutrality regulations by the FCC.

Additionally there are legal exceptions for platforms vs. publishers. Publishers make editorial decisions and are therefore liable for what they release or put out. Facebook is considered a platform because it does not make editorial decisions on what is posted and therefore is not considered liable for the random thoughts of its users. On the other side however this means that facebook cannot arbitrarily censor users because this would mean they are no longer a platform.

Long story short, you are totally incorrect about freedom of speech with respect to private ownership.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your release.
you talked about it few weeks ago, I'm glad you finally completed it :)

I guess tools requiring keys could use lockpick as library to get all keys in real time instead of needing user's prod.key file? less than 1 second to get everything on the fly.
at least if they are on the correct firmware version with the required key.

Thanks for sharing and the working together spirit to improve homebrew for everyone.

That's actually an awesome idea! :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They haslve dedicated on board chips that aren't tweaked like x64/x32 afaik
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    but its a custom os for both of them
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    designed for only specific hardware
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    so you have to learn to emulate that specific hardware which isn't as easy as you'd think
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's a locked down Linux distro basically
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think the only custom hardware is to do with the SSD and a security chip
    Probably combined in one chip
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They place married security chips onto boards iirc
    Damn Frontier is offering 5Gbps now lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly can't recommend any of the big 3 this years I'd say buy a rog ally z1 if we're being honest
    Honestly after the PS3 and 360 I just went full PC
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Every games basically cross platform they only have about 6 titles making it worth the $600 price tag
    Didn't see much need for a console, all the advantages have kind of disappeared
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    the ps3 used to support installing linux because the cpu was so powerful
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Then the games are $70 and they want to reboot and refresh the same game every year
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The ps3 was always Linux they just found a way to make it open source
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I'm avoiding buying from the big 3 at all atm
    At one point PC game pads where poorly supported, loading a game had setup, it was complicated. Now it's almost as easy as a console.
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    nintendo needs to up their game soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah even bt support for Xbox one controllers are just as easy as pairing
    +1
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    considering the steamdeck can emulate the switch (yikes) theres almost 0 reason to buy the switch apart from playing online and using cartridges
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Xinput and 360 dongles were a driver nightmare
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember having to manually put in drivers and what not
    Yeah the 360 dongles sucked
    But the new Xbox pads? PIr it up and if a game supports it it just works
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But the new Xbox pads? PIr it up and if a game supports it it just works