Hacking Loaders no longer see the hard drive

Azhrei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My Wii is softmodded and hooked up to a USB hard drive, which has never had any problems before. Last night I installed the GameCube Backup Launcher 0.2. I burned a GameCube .iso to a blank dvd and I got the 263 - failed to read dvd error. I tried installing cmiosv8 but it just gave the same error. We went back to the Configurable USB Loader, launched a game (Muramasa - The Demon Blade) and played for a while. After this we played a little Mario Kart 64, then turned off the Wii for a few minutes. When we turned it on again, the Configurable USB Loader wouldn't see the drive, it would only count down, waiting for the drive to become active. I turned off the Wii, disconnected the drive, connected it to my laptop and loaded up WBFS Manager 3.0. It read the drive (a Western Digital 120GB) with no problems - all the .iso's were there.

Hooked it back up to the Wii, and the Configurable USB Loader had the same problem. I booted up Neogamma R7, and it couldn't see it, either. As a last resort I tried Uloader, and finally, that saw the drive and all the games there. I even loaded a game (De Blob) and played it for a while - absolutely perfect, no problems at all. Back to the Configurable USB Loader... and it still can't see the drive. It's not such a big worry as I at least can launch with Uloader, but I'm worried for the health of my Wii's usb port! I've tried plugging the drive into the other port but with no success.

Is there something I can do to get the other loaders to see it? Re-install them, perhaps? Should I try to remove the GameCube Backup Loader and cmiosv8? Would installing the new cioscorp 3.4 be of any help? Any help at all would be great. I have Bootmii installed, on a launch unit Wii that has been updated via homebrew to 4.1E.

Azhrei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried Coverfloader, to see if that would work, and instead of just counting down to mounting the drive, it told me that I have an older CIOS installed (that would be cIOS 8 for the GameCube channel... silly me) and told me that I needed to update to... well, the grey background only went too far, and the rest of the screen was black, and so was the text. I don't know what cIOS to update to. At least we're closer to a resolution here.

Does anyone know what I should update to?

Azhrei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, after realising that I installed the recommended cIOS for the GameCube channel from a guide that's half a year old, I immediately downloaded cIOS rev14, et voila! Everything is working as it should. Happy day, kittens are falling from the sky, etc.

Now to find out how to get the GameCube channel to read my discs... thanks for your post anyway
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.