Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, how are you?

The year has sorted started bad with the car breaking down adding £440 to our list of bills and I've yet to have this settlement cheque from this car crash I was in back in 2005 and then I lost my job before I even started it. Was meant to be working as a "loss prevention officer" at Zavvi, but Zavvi are going down the shitter and told me that they had to change their mind and not take me on as they can't and they may be closing down, which they are as HMV are buying the store near me and moving all of their own staff out of the HMV there to that...why bother?

Anyway I just signed up for an agency instead and I'm doing a combination of learning support for teachers and catering, both of which will get me over £8 and hour instead of the £6.12 that Zavvi where offering but of course working with an agency doesn't always mean that I'll get work all of the time but the jobcentre has my back in case (they give you shitloads of money if you're working and you've got a kid).

Enjoying a lot of music, enjoying the latest efforts by White Lies, Franz Ferdinand, Frank Turner, The View & Morrissey though still catching up on last years stuff.

Not kept up with many comics (still yet to finish the Batman R.I.P arc or the Hush one in Det comics) due to my wanker supplyer "forgetting" to do my order but I've been assured that I'll get them all sooner or later its just a shitter that I won't get first additions of the Batman ones (I personally think the supplyer kept them as they're going for a lot on ebay).

Gaming, just playing old stuff really.

GBAtemp stuff, there are some people here bringing the forum down I feel but our staff are stronger with their added powers so things are getting more under control and even easier. The Retro Thread isn't gonna be out on time as I've got an awful lot today tomorrow and thats when I'll get the user reviews in (I hope) so maybe before Monday or Tuesday I'll have it out.

As for the Tempcast, we're going for something else and we're in the planning stages but it'll be a lot more member focused than before.

Much love to those on the forum, you know who you are.

That is all yall.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, Zavvi are sorta going down aren't they! Poor Hadrian not being able to find a job and having his car break down. Hopefully things will start looking up soon, though easier said than done in this recession.
I've also been listening to the new Franz Ferdinand and The View albums. Slightly miffed at the butchered version of Lucid Dreams they put on there, but it's a solid album. The View's album is a little samey, but the new single - Shock Horror, Covers and Double Yellow Lines are awesome!

As for members bringing us down, not entirely sure who you mean, but I'll be sure to not be one of them!
And even if I'm not an oldie, a retro forum sounds cool. I can wait though.

Hope 2009 gets better for you!
smile.gif

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aww
dont worry hadrian
we have many other members bringing up the forum

i wish you well with the things in life
and just remember
your GBAtemp family is always here to back you up!
best wishes :]

p.s. ooh something new with the tempcast.
if you guys need any help
or a guest speaker, feel free to contact me ^.^

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trolly said:
As for members bringing us down, not entirely sure who you mean, but I'll be sure to not be one of them!
And even if I'm not an oldie, a retro forum sounds cool. I can wait though.

Hope 2009 gets better for you!
smile.gif
I always fount you to be a sound member.

Retro forum? No its just a thread were I and others review old games.

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think The View album is pretty bad.
tongue.gif
Frank Turner is an amazing artist, hopefully seeing him support The Gaslight Anthem (an amazing band) in February. White Lies and Franz Ferdinand are also very good, T:FF is so bloody catchy.

Good luck in 2009 my friend!

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
hopefully seeing him support The Gaslight Anthem (an amazing band) in February.
I wouldn't say they're amazing now. Great Expectations is a great song and a couple of others are nearly as good, but every other song on their album sounds the same.

Sorry for jacking the thread btw Hadrian, I'll let people get back on topic now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: