Apple Lego stands!

alidsl

I am now a lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone else made a lego stand for their device? I made one today, post your creation
laugh.gif

legostand1.jpg

legostand2.jpg

legostand3.jpg

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The spot where the two 2x1 bricks meet the 8x2 plate looks a little weak to me, or is there some support I do not see?

tijntje_7

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I made one too a week or two ago, but I broke it down because I needed my iPod reaaally quick
tongue.gif

I've still got my phone stand
tongue.gif
(which is EXTREMELY simple
tongue.gif
)
afb0014.jpg

Myeah, I would of wanted to show you my phone in the stand... But it's the camera
tongue.gif

Edit: woah, my phone takes pretty great photo's
ohmy.gif

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
tijntje_7 said:
I made one too a week or two ago, but I broke it down because I needed my iPod reaaally quick
tongue.gif

I've still got my phone stand
tongue.gif
(which is EXTREMELY simple
tongue.gif
)
Myeah, I would of wanted to show you my phone in the stand... But it's the camera
tongue.gif

Edit: woah, my phone takes pretty great photo's
ohmy.gif
I had an even simpler one once, it was pretty much a circle of bricks with a small hole in the middle. I did not have a better camera ready and needed to take a photo of myself at a distance that prevented me from holding the cam.

That said, I do not have an iDevice myself, as they have fairly little bang for the buck (or, more accurate, fairly many bucks for the bang), but I did have an old PocketPC ready to build a stand that should fit most 2.8" PDAs/Smartphones.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wasted a lot of flat-topped plates on it, though. Making the studded side the resting surface is not without its problems.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Only thing I'd worry about with your design, Fat D, is the + Bar slipping out of the bit you made for it to sit in. Its probably unlikely though. I don't like the idea of having my device sitting vertically in a stand, even clipped and was wondering how i'd get it at an angle.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It is actually holding quite well, in fact the studs themselves would be enough to hold it reasonably in position, but it is nice to have it reinforced a little so it can take a little rocking. It hurt the adjustability a little, but right now the balance is perfect. The construction as it is right now holds, as long as I do not tilt it far enough for the device to fall out anyway.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
gameguy95 said:
Satangel said:
Pretty sweet idea, gonna keep this in mind for my Creative Zen and when I have a smartphone.
i used to have the zen but it started crapping out on me because i used it every day for a long time

What happened? I use it everyday too, for an hour or so.
Still working fine after 2 years of use, the buttons aren't that good but overall very happy with it .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: brb