Hardware Left Joycon Thumbstick Issue

Edmire2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off. My switch is a launch day console. So it was open for defects to begin with. But about 3 months ago, the left analog stick on the left Joycon seemed to begin drifting on its own when I left it in a neutral position. as you can see in the video, link will walk by himself. Now what’s weird about this, is that sometimes it will drift to the right on some days, and to the left on others. It only happens when the thumb stick is either pushed up left, or up right. I’ve heard it could be dust stuck under the stick, I’ve tried some recommended ideas and if fixed it for a little while but it eventually came back. Should I send it back to Nintendo and end up waiting 2-3 weeks for a return (ugh) or do any of you have an easier idea? I honestly don’t want to wait for a return. It’d be nice to get a new one but ugh. The wait. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Edmire2k,

mangotowel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way the joycon analog is designed makes it easy for dust and fibers to get in. It's best to send it in to nintendo.

If you want to void the warranty on them you can take apart the joycon and put the analog stick in 90%+ alcohol. Once in there spin it around as if using it and get as much gunk out as you can. Afterwards get as much alcohol out as you can and let it dry for a couple hours. There's probably better ways to fix it but thats what I did for mines.It's also not too easy if you're not comfortable taking apart electronics.

Reactions: Edmire2k

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you wiggling around your joycons when you turn them on? The first position that the analog stick is on when the joycon gains power is decided as like the origin so having it neutral could make it drift

im not sure if this is an actual issue though because i only ever remember it happening on the wii

Edmire2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you wiggling around your joycons when you turn them on? The first position that the analog stick is on when the joycon gains power is decided as like the origin so having it neutral could make it drift

im not sure if this is an actual issue though because i only ever remember it happening on the wii
It’s an actual issue with the controller. I have recalibrated it and everything.

D

Deleted User

The Joy-Con analog sticks are fundamentally flawed. I had to send mine in to Ninty. The only thing that could prevent this is being ridiculously careful and keeping all dust away from it. It's bound to happen under most conditions.

D

Deleted User

my goes left and will move at random intervals for around 15-20 minutes at a time. it has become extremely frustrating, to the point where I bought a replacement joy con. That one has connection issues. Great job Nintendo.

Edmire2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. It’s defintely annoying. I just hate having to wait to play on the go again. Eh. Oh well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...