Laughing Jackal Announces New PSN Exclusive

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Duæl Invaders/Cubixx HD developer, Laughing Jackal, has announced a video game port of Jackson and Livingstone’s classic pen n’ paper RPG, Fighting Fantasy: Talisman of Death.

If you’re too young (or simply not cool enough) to remember the FF series, they were a long line of solo role-playing books, presenting players with numerous navigation/puzzle options, each marked with a different page number.

Talisman of Death is said to one of the more controversial of Jackson and Livingstone’s works; despite soon becoming a best-selling series, the books were subject to extreme criticism from religious groups, slating ToD and other titles as being “work of the devil.”

The game will release as part of the PSN’s “minis” collection, with a release date and trailer due in the coming weeks.[/p]

Source

I've never heard of this game because it was before my time, but a controversial game sounds good to me!

saviorkross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More like an interactive storybook. Notice it says "Fighting Fantasy", not "Final Fantasy".
tongue.gif
If you've ever played the NDS homebrew LoneWolfDS, you'll have a basic idea of what to expect. Mind you, those are based on a different set of books. I've never read a FightingFantasy book myself, but I'm looking forward to trying this.

More information about the game from the FightingFantasy website here.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
saviorkross said:
More like an interactive storybook. Notice it says "Fighting Fantasy", not "Final Fantasy".
tongue.gif
If you've ever played the NDS homebrew LoneWolfDS, you'll have a basic idea of what to expect. Mind you, those are based on a different set of books. I've never read a FightingFantasy book myself, but I'm looking forward to trying this.

More information about the game from the FightingFantasy website here.
That....upon reading the only impression I got "Jumanji?" Lol.

Alex221

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just because spoonmanx didnt know about it doesnt mean that it wasnt popular, call of duty franchise is popular and i didnt know about it until last year xD

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Lol, the last Fighting Fantasy video game was released *for the DS*, the reader of your article could be 7 years old and still "remember" it.

Alex221

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:
Lol, the last Fighting Fantasy video game was released *for the DS*, the reader of your article could be 7 years old and still "remember" it.
yeah there was one for ds so anyone should remember it jhajha

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fighting Fantasy are a very popular game-book series along with Lone Wolf, though obviously not every who isn't into the gamebook scene has heard about it.

Incidentally, I've read this one although I hadn't been able to finish it because the library edition lacked a page or two. But it was really good, it has an excellent atmosphere!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, As somebody who has listened to music over everything, I prefer some good...