Hacking Latest firmware update.....

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold on, i was just going to leave, but i have to ask did you not read the guide that stated updating is safe if you are on bs9 and luma>

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hold on, i was just going to leave, but i have to ask did you not read the guide that stated updating is safe if you are on bs9 and luma>
Upgrading the OFW is safe with basically all CFWs, but it's still always recommended to wait for people to test and confirm nothing was broken. For example 11.4 upgrade the NATIVE_FIRM and added a requirement to the homemenu. By doing so Nintendo accidentally broke the reboot code for all CFWs, which then required them all to update to fix it. These kinds of unforeseen side-effects are always worth being careful with when dealing with OFW updates and why I recommend not updating just because you are on Luma. Always play it safe and know everything was tested before hand.
As for the OP, 11.5 didn't add anything new and is safe to upgrade to.

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well in the 3ds guide, when installing cfw and bs9 you are told to update because it is safe.. But since he is using a 3ds with old files / fw he would not have know that.. Its the reason i asked, but yes update to 11.5 and when 11.6 comes out, don't until it has been deemed safe.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well in the 3ds guide, when installing cfw and bs9 you are told to update because it is safe.. But since he is using a 3ds with old files / fw he would not have know that.. Its the reason i asked, but yes update to 11.5 and when 11.6 comes out, don't until it has been deemed safe.
I should really connect Plailect in regards to that wording. Although it's completely true that it's always safe to update (being that all of the current CFWs have proper FIRM0/1 protection,) it's careless to throw all caution to the wind.

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well are you not supposed to naturally do a sysnand backup just in case anyways? But i do think a notion on that specific part could be used to keep a'lot of the 8 year old kids out of the forum's asking if they can or not. Also OP the guide refereed to is https://3ds.guide/

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I should really connect Plailect in regards to that wording. Although it's completely true that it's always safe to update (being that all of the current CFWs have proper FIRM0/1 protection,) it's careless to throw all caution to the wind.
I suggest you do. I've contacted him about small issues in the guide before and he's always sorted them out quickly. Although back then he was on IRC and he doesn't seem to join there anymore.

TheCheeze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Upgrading the OFW is safe with basically all CFWs, but it's still always recommended to wait for people to test and confirm nothing was broken. For example 11.4 upgrade the NATIVE_FIRM and added a requirement to the homemenu. By doing so Nintendo accidentally broke the reboot code for all CFWs, which then required them all to update to fix it. These kinds of unforeseen side-effects are always worth being careful with when dealing with OFW updates and why I recommend not updating just because you are on Luma. Always play it safe and know everything was tested before hand.
As for the OP, 11.5 didn't add anything new and is safe to upgrade to.
Lilith, I just want to say I love you. So nice to consistently see thought out responses that aren't snarky and condescending.

On a side note, would you mind hitting me up with what hardware version your r4dsi cart dump was from so I can update my repository with accurate info?

Reactions: The Catboy

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Lilith, I just want to say I love you. So nice to consistently see thought out responses that aren't snarky and condescending.

On a side note, would you mind hitting me up with what hardware version your r4dsi cart dump was from so I can update my repository with accurate info?
I try my best ^_^
Send me a PM so I can remember to contact you back. I am at work at the moment and don't have access to my laptop

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol