Hardware Laptop capable of decent minecraft play.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Elaborate please, I googled it and can't really find any APU history
don't worry about it you were right, AMD first mentioned APU's in 2006, first put them on their official roadmap nevember 11th 2009. they were in fact the ones who innovated it all, the closest thing intel has to an APU is their integrated HD graphics which came out in 2010 and isn't really an APU strictly speaking although it is similar. intels basically has the northbridge shrunk down and shoved inside the CPU case AMD's APU's are actual processor and graphics on the same chip.

Reactions: Lanlan

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Elaborate please, I googled it and can't really find any APU history
AMD calls it APU, Intel doesn't, which is why googling for "APU" is only finding you AMD stuff. Kind of like OpenGL versus DirectX. If you google OpenGL info, you're going to find OpenGL info.

don't worry about it you were right, AMD first mentioned APU's in 2006, first put them on their official roadmap nevember 11th 2009
Yeah, see, talking about a product is not the same thing as actually making the product... just like all the people here asking about "injecting 3DS hacks in a fake eshop" aren't actually getting shit done.

AMD put on-die GPUs on their roadmaps in 2009... November, you say.
Intel? Over two years before that.
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2007...grated-graphics-on-die-memory-controller-smt/

The reason people are talking about AMD doing on-die stuff nowadays is because it's new for AMD, and it allows casual-gaming power at a cheaper price (which AMD is known for). Nobody really gave a fuck when Intel started doing it because Intel integrated graphics suck.

AMD's are currently better, but they were not first.

Reactions: Originality

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
im not really interested on who developed what first , it aint a pissing contest . Also TC road isnt round my corner , The A10 APU would of course be better , but price really is the governing factor on where i go , A10 running at £100 aprox more expensive than the A8 i seen so far , thanks for the input though.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
...which is why I said it doesn't matter. Intel HD 3000 was the first Intel IGP worth mentioning, and it still paled in comparison to discreet GPUs. Even Intel HD 4000 isn't enough to beat AMD APUs. APUs are fairly weak when it comes to number crunching, but the IGP is based on existing GPU design, which is why it vastly outperforms Intel IGPs.

As for who did it first, I vaguely recall the concept being used on ARM CPUs years before. IIRC, the whole SoC design started around 2003.

EDIT: it's not a pissing contest, it's just that me and Rydian share the basic principle of giving accurate information where possible. None of the BS that keeps popping up on these forums like people saying Anti-Virus suites are unneccessary memory hogs.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Whilst suggestions are always valuable... He already bought the one he decided on. Plus the APU is better than the Intel P6100 you linked to.

Also, saying grab a Sager or Clevo has the same value as advice as me saying "get any laptop, as long as its pink". Brands are brands, and colours are colours. It's mostly aesthetic. When giving advice on anything, always give the reasons why. In terms of laptops, this usually means specs.

And while I'm on the topic, the Samsung 700 series I picked out for my friend is better than any Sager or Clevo laptops you're likely to try and show me. And it's red. Red is hot.

Reactions: Rydian

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la