Pantonio3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20230516_205821.jpg

Has anyone gotten the "Failed to load boot device or script!" error seen above when trying to load Lakka on a hacked Nintendo Switch and found a way to resolve the error?

I am running Lakka version 4.3, the latest version of Hetake 6.0.4, the latest version of Atmosphere, and the latest version of the Nintendo Switch firmware on a hacked Switch V1. I have tried all versions of Lakke from 3.4 to current, and I have tried at least two different SD Cards, including a 128GB Samsung EVO formatted to FAT32. I have also made sure that the same version of Hetake is on both the bootloader and on my Nintendo Switch.

If anyone has any suggestions whatsoever on how to get Lakka to work, or if you can confirm that Lakka no longer works on newer Nintendo Switch firmwares, that would be great.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

evil_santa

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
View attachment 373488

Has anyone gotten the "Failed to load boot device or script!" error seen above when trying to load Lakka on a hacked Nintendo Switch and found a way to resolve the error?

I am running Lakka version 4.3, the latest version of Hetake 6.0.4, the latest version of Atmosphere, and the latest version of the Nintendo Switch firmware on a hacked Switch V1. I have tried all versions of Lakke from 3.4 to current, and I have tried at least two different SD Cards, including a 128GB Samsung EVO formatted to FAT32. I have also made sure that the same version of Hetake is on both the bootloader and on my Nintendo Switch.

If anyone has any suggestions whatsoever on how to get Lakka to work, or if you can confirm that Lakka no longer works on newer Nintendo Switch firmwares, that would be great.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
Try this build
Be sure your SD card is formatted with fat32, exfat didn't work.
https://nightly.builds.lakka.tv/mem....aarch64-5.0-devel-20230605012122-cf0d21f.tar

Reactions: Thorhax

Nojtuag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for some odd reason, reformatting the minisd and starting from ground up again seems to have worked for me. Meaning I have to format the minisd using Windows. Re-download Hekate and all necessary files to boot to Hekate. Then use Hekate UMS to transfer the Lakka files/directories.

Pantonio3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for some odd reason, reformatting the minisd and starting from ground up again seems to have worked for me. Meaning I have to format the minisd using Windows. Re-download Hekate and all necessary files to boot to Hekate. Then use Hekate UMS to transfer the Lakka files/directories.
Are you using the latest version of Lakka, version 4.3.7?

I am going to try copying all of the files on my minisd to my computer, reformatting the microsd, and copying the files back, and seeing if that works. I would rather try to do that first than reformatting and recopy and reinstall everything from scratch because it is a 1TB microsd card, and it has a lot of emulators, roms, and Switch games on it. I have tried reformatting with a smaller 128GB microsd with just Lakka installed on it, and I have not had any luck, but I might try that again if formatting the 1TB microsd card and recopying the files doesn't work, will keep you posted and will provide an update once I have tried these additional attempts, stay tuned
Post automatically merged:

@Nojtuag - Do you mind walking me through in detail how you set up the new microsd card from scratch to get lakka to work? I want to use the exact same versions of each software you used, including the custom firmware, hekate, lakka, and anything else you might have installed on the microsd card. I am going to do it on a 128GB Samsung Evo formatted to FAT32 with an allocation size of 32k, which should work. If I mirror things to be exactly the same as you did them with the SD Card, I am hoping lakka should work. If you wouldn't mind please providing these details whenever you get a chance, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by Pantonio3,

Pantonio3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using the latest version of Lakka, version 4.3.7?

I am going to try copying all of the files on my minisd to my computer, reformatting the microsd, and copying the files back, and seeing if that works. I would rather try to do that first than reformatting and recopy and reinstall everything from scratch because it is a 1TB microsd card, and it has a lot of emulators, roms, and Switch games on it. I have tried reformatting with a smaller 128GB microsd with just Lakka installed on it, and I have not had any luck, but I might try that again if formatting the 1TB microsd card and recopying the files doesn't work, will keep you posted and will provide an update once I have tried these additional attempts, stay tuned
Post automatically merged:

@Nojtuag - Do you mind walking me through in detail how you set up the new microsd card from scratch to get lakka to work? I want to use the exact same versions of each software you used, including the custom firmware, hekate, lakka, and anything else you might have installed on the microsd card. I am going to do it on a 128GB Samsung Evo formatted to FAT32 with an allocation size of 32k, which should work. If I mirror things to be exactly the same as you did them with the SD Card, I am hoping lakka should work. If you wouldn't mind please providing these details whenever you get a chance, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I don't know why I was having such a hard time, it took months, but I finally got Lakka to work on the same microsd card as Atmosphere. I have it working on a 1TB Samsung EVO microsd card, so I will likely not have to take the microsd card for a while.

If you are having any issues, format a Samsung EVO microsd card to FAT32 format with a 32kb allocation size. If you put only the latest version of hekate, and the latest overnight build of Lakka on the SD card, Lakka will work. You won't be able to run anything other than Lakka from the microsd card, but you can troubleshoot from there. I think my problem was that I had some old files in my hekate bootloader folder from upgrading atmosphere and hekate so many times, so I deleted the entire bootloader folder on my microsd card with atmosphere on it, and I only added files or made changes that were absolutely necessary to get atmosphere to run, like updating the hekate ini file, and that was about it. I am all good to go now, thank you all for your help, much appreciated!!!

Nojtuag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why I was having such a hard time, it took months, but I finally got Lakka to work on the same microsd card as Atmosphere. I have it working on a 1TB Samsung EVO microsd card, so I will likely not have to take the microsd card for a while.

If you are having any issues, format a Samsung EVO microsd card to FAT32 format with a 32kb allocation size. If you put only the latest version of hekate, and the latest overnight build of Lakka on the SD card, Lakka will work. You won't be able to run anything other than Lakka from the microsd card, but you can troubleshoot from there. I think my problem was that I had some old files in my hekate bootloader folder from upgrading atmosphere and hekate so many times, so I deleted the entire bootloader folder on my microsd card with atmosphere on it, and I only added files or made changes that were absolutely necessary to get atmosphere to run, like updating the hekate ini file, and that was about it. I am all good to go now, thank you all for your help, much appreciated!!!
yeah I have the latest version. It's strange that the same sd works on my second jb switch and not the first jb switch. I'm going to jb the first one again to see if that does any difference.

Pantonio3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah I have the latest version. It's strange that the same sd works on my second jb switch and not the first jb switch. I'm going to jb the first one again to see if that does any difference.
Sounds good! Try to run lakka by just putting the latest versions of hekate and lakka on the microsd card and nothing else, and it should work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: butt