Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
Heya Quantum!
If you could be an expert at anything, what would it be?
If there was one thing you could change about the world, what would it be?
What's fictional world would you most like to live in?
Is there something you have a specific fear or phobia of?
What's your favorite song? (or just a song you like.)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When will you share your quantum theories with us? :P

What is the worst game you played so far?
What is the project you worked on that you are most proud of?
When did you start learning java?
Any plans to be a teacher or tutor?
Any plans to have a family with kids?
What do you consider your best ever?
Name 3 games you wish you could make a sequel to?
Favorite soundtrack from a video game?
Are you athletic, do you do daily exercise, play any sports?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Red or blue?
Blue

White or black?
White

Do you like anime? If so, what's your favorite anime?
I didn't grow up with anime so I don't know much about it. But I do like Studio Ghibli stuff, and I enjoyed the Pokémon series as a kid.

What's your favorite movie from any genre?
I love the Labyrinth, with David Bowie

What's your favorite videogame genre?
Action platforming adventure, like Zelda and Banjo-Kazooie. But I'm learning to like visual novels too.

What's your favorite gaming console so far?
The N64

Do you like cats? Do you have a cat?
You know I do :-p I have two.

Do you like dogs?
No. They stink. They bark. They bite. They demand attention and make you feel guilty when you don't pat them. I don't mind working dogs though (like sheepdogs or circus dogs). Very highly trained dogs are fascinating to watch in action.

What's your favorite cereal? if you like cereal that is.
I usually have two pieces of toast with butter and raspberry jam for breakfast but when I have cereal I like Just Right.

What color is your room painted of?
I think it's a yellowy creamy colour.

How is the perfect weather for you to feel comfortable?
I like it to be cool and a little breezy. I don't like the heat. Something like around 10-15 Celsius.

Do you drink more water or more soda?
Water, not a huge fan of soft drinks. I like iced tea, orange juice, and chocolate milk.

Do you know how to drive a car?
Yes, I only learned a few months ago. Better late than never :-)

Is there any famous person you admire?
I don't know, I can't think of anyone! When I was about 12 I was really interested in genetics and I wanted to send a fan letter to Rosalind Franklin, then I found out she died like 50 years before and I was devastated. Pretty dumb I know lol

How do you greet people? Shaking hands? Hugging?
Hugging, if it's someone I know :)

Do you prefer to eat in your place or outside (in restaurants, etc.)?
At home, I'd rather watch TV or chat to people where it isn't noisy. I can hardly hear anything in most restaurants.

How do you feel in that box? (Quantum questions, you know).
Very comfortable thank you! Hopefully nobody peeks inside and kills me (*glances at @Lacius*)

What's the season right now where you live?
just coming into Spring!

Pizza or Hamburgers? Or none?
Hamburgers. With beetroot, pineapple, bacon and egg :-)

What do you like to do in your free time? (other than helping a lot of people here in GBATemp of course
I play bridge! It's a great game, everyone should give it a chance.

Why are my questions so random?
Did you pick them out of a hat?

What's your favorite RPG game?
Morrowind. I wish it would get remade with more up to date graphics and AI.

What's your favorite genre of music? And favorite artist/group/band?
I like sweet, pretty little songs, and anything quirky. Two of my favourite songs are "I Will" and "Blackbird" by the Beatles but my favourite band is They Might Be Giants.

Do you like to swim?
Yeah I like swimming, but only backstroke, I never mastered the art of putting my face in the water and breathing at the right time.

Are you happy now?
Not really but I'm ok

Are you hungry right now?
I was when I started answering the questions but I have since had lunch - chicken schnitzel with veggies and gravy. Mmm.

Do you like the feel of rain falling on your face?
Very much so! I love it when it rains.

Thanks for the questions!!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

do you listen to mutemath? they're an alternative rock band
Haven't heard of them! I'm getting lots of new ideas for music from this thread.

What do you think of the Tempest 2000 soundtrack?
What's your opinion on the current "state" of the 3DS "scene"?
What is the Tempest 2000? Is that a movie?
Sad when people leave, but it doesn't seem to put any brakes on new development which is good.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Heya Quantum!
Hey!
If you could be an expert at anything, what would it be?
Definitely bridge --- you can make a six figure income just playing bridge and it is so much fun. I wish I was better at it.
If there was one thing you could change about the world, what would it be?
World peace is a bit of a cliché answer but how much better off would each country be if it didn't have to spend so much money on its military?
What's fictional world would you most like to live in?
I remember reading the "Faraway Tree" series as a very small child and thinking as I read it how much I'd like to visit the worlds at the top of the tree, and what I would do differently than the characters. So, probably that one.
Is there something you have a specific fear or phobia of?
Driving on mountain sides. As a passenger I keep my eyes shut and shake and if I'm driving I have to go really slowly and carefully and annoy all the people behind me. I could only drive down a mountain (where it's just a matter of braking). Going up I've never been able to do.
Oh, and dogs. Large, loose dogs. *shudder*
What's your favorite song? (or just a song you like.)
I love "I Will" by the Beatles. I could listen to that over and over and over. It's very simple, but so pretty.

Reactions: Meteor7

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
When will you share your quantum theories with us? :P
Haha, I don't really have any. I stopped really loving learning at about age 19.

What is the worst game you played so far?
I don't really know, cause if I don't like a game I stop playing. I started playing Ever Oasis and didn't like it, the controls are so clunky. I was expecting a normal 3D platformer type gave but it was more like Pokémon.
What is the project you worked on that you are most proud of?
My guide downloader program took a look of effort, but it didn't take off :-p
When did you start learning java?
When I started my degree it was based on C++ as the main language, but as I've been doing it so long it changed to Java. I had to learn Java properly when I started my job here at the end of 2015.
Any plans to be a teacher or tutor?
I do maths tutoring after work which I love, and I'd love to be a teacher, but retraining would take too long and I wouldn't be earning very much more than I am now with no degree. I'm already 31 so that bird has flown, sadly.
Any plans to have a family with kids?
Yes, I'd like to in the next couple of years. I'll have two nieces soon so I'm looking forward to that.
What do you consider your best ever?
My best ever what?:P
Name 3 games you wish you could make a sequel to?
Beyond Good & Evil, Zero Escape series (so a game number 4), Elder Scrolls series (so I can make a game set in Elsweyr where the cats are the main characters and there's a jungle).
Favorite soundtrack from a video game?
I think Portal, the final song makes me tear up.
Are you athletic, do you do daily exercise, play any sports?
Not at all athletic. I occasionally pay Ultimate Frisbee and I like swimming for exercise, but I don't exercise daily or anything.

what's your favorite pokemon?
LAPRAS. As a kid, I was in awe in the opening credits of Pokémon where Lapras came on screen with everyone on its back. I kept hoping today would be the episode where we got Lapras and it never was (only the first season was shown on TV, I learned later the clip in the opening credits was from a later season).

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So. That's a lot of info! Thanks!

May I ask something else?

Well, I'm already doing it, sorry for not waiting.

How many times do you clean your eyeglasses per day?

Is it hard to do so with such small kitten hands?

So pineapple and bacon Hamburgers? I like your style. Just wanted to say it.

Do you cut down your hair as soon as it grows?

Do you like sci-fi literature? A la Jules Verne, for example.

I've always thought of you as some sort of being from another dimension, prior to actually talking to you, now I know you're a superhuman, not from another dimension but ours. While I joined here since 2012, I wasn't an active user until around mid-2015. By then, I found you answering nearly every question out in every Gateway/EmuNAND and Sky3DS threads. It was motally great to find a user helping so much just because. Be it a thread of "Solution for CFW on 9.2+" or a "Sky3DS how it works" thread, it was very possible to find you there, and see your gentle way to answer everyone, even some trolls. Tell me, how were you able to post that many posts in a very short span of time? I mean, you didn't only answered fast, but your answers were, and are, very accurate. Where do you get all that patience for explaining from?

Do you own any amiibo?

Cats!!!!

What is your dream today? I mean, what's your goal right now?

Why did Nintendo call the New Nintendo 3DS, the New Nintendo 3DS?

Are you really a robot in disguise?

Would you like a pig as a pet?

Do you like any cartoon show (current)?

What was your favorite cartoon show as a child?

What smartphone OS is better? Which Smartphone do you own? If you prefer, say only the company it's from.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So. That's a lot of info! Thanks!

May I ask something else?
Sure!

Well, I'm already doing it, sorry for not waiting.

How many times do you clean your eyeglasses per day?
Probably 5 or 6, I usually just use the tshirt I'm wearing.

Is it hard to do so with such small kitten hands?
Yes, it is hard to hold glasses when you have no opposable thumbs!

So pineapple and bacon Hamburgers? I like your style. Just wanted to say it.
Yes, delicious! Don't forget the soft fried egg and beetroot!

Do you cut down your hair as soon as it grows?
No, I only get it trimmed every few months, it's about half way down my back now (if I pull it straight, it's curly).

Do you like sci-fi literature? A la Jules Verne, for example.
Yes, I love Jules Verne! There's something interesting or some action on pretty much every page. Some of my favourite Sci fi books are Darwin's Radio by Greg Bear, and Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card.

I've always thought of you as some sort of being from another dimension, prior to actually talking to you, now I know you're a superhuman, not from another dimension but ours. While I joined here since 2012, I wasn't an active user until around mid-2015. By then, I found you answering nearly every question out in every Gateway/EmuNAND and Sky3DS threads. It was motally great to find a user helping so much just because. Be it a thread of "Solution for CFW on 9.2+" or a "Sky3DS how it works" thread, it was very possible to find you there, and see your gentle way to answer everyone, even some trolls. Tell me, how were you able to post that many posts in a very short span of time? I mean, you didn't only answered fast, but your answers were, and are, very accurate. Where do you get all that patience for explaining from?
I love teaching, and I like helping people. @Lacius is more patient and gentle at helping newbies than me though. Sometimes I say mean things when I get irritated, then I feel ashamed.

Do you own any amiibo?
No, I deliberately stayed away from that craze. I didn't want to start feeling addicted to collecting silly plastic toys, created on purpose to be collectible. I have enough problems with the other things I like collecting :-p If they had a Lapras Amiibo I'd buy that in a heartbeat though. There are never any nice Lapras toys for sale, like there are for say Charizard or Pikachu.

Meow!

What is your dream today? I mean, what's your goal right now?
I'd like to get great ideas for apps and be able to work at home. Or get a book deal and be an author (I have lots of ideas I haven't tried expanding yet).

Why did Nintendo call the New Nintendo 3DS, the New Nintendo 3DS?
Nintendo have no imaginations. Or else they delight in people getting confused when trying to sell/buy units - "I ordered a New 3DS XL and you sent me an old model. What gives?" "Well, it's brand new!"

Are you really a robot in disguise?
No, just a person :-)

Would you like a pig as a pet?
Not sure, I'd have to meet one. I can't help thinking it would have all the disadvantages of a dog without the one advantage (trainability). Do you have one?

Do you like any cartoon show (current)?
Yes, I really like Rick & Morty.

What was your favorite cartoon show as a child?
I remember being quite fond of Captain Planet. And not cartoons, but I liked Spellbinder and Round The Twist. Both available on YouTube, and can give an insight into the lives of Australian kids in the 90s (if portals to other worlds and ghosts existed).

What smartphone OS is better? Which Smartphone do you own? If you prefer, say only the company it's from.
well, it has to be iOS doesn't it? Very user-friendly and intuitive. In Android you have to fight with your phone to find the functions you're looking for. I haven't tried a Windows phone so can't comment on that.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My best ever what?
Day, best day ever. (My keyboard must be glitching, i thought i wrote day)

Would you ever put glasses on your cat just for show as in like a picture or costume?
If you became a cat for a day, what would you do?
If you had enough cats to start a singing band, what songs would you teach them to sing?
Rate this picture. Sale of 1 - 10:P
tumblr_ouupiq7i7P1vkgjmeo1_raw.png

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Day, best day ever. (My keyboard must be glitching, i thought i wrote day)
Hmm, I think the most fun I ever had was on a scout camp way back when I was about 11 or 12, there were so many adventures and things to explore crammed into two days, we caught rabbits with snares, skinned and ate them, chased emus and feral sheep, explored caves and climbed trees, floated down a little river/stream on lilos, and at night in the dark except for moonlight we played a game where we climbed a big hill to try to catch some treasure (a few wooden boxes hidden in various places) guarded by one of the troop leaders, he had to spot us with torches and we had to work out where the boxes were and try and grab one without being spotted, and work as a team to work out how to climb it from different angles without making too much noise and avoiding the stinging nettles.

Would you ever put glasses on your cat just for show as in like a picture or costume?
Sure! Just for you:
IMG_3179.JPG

If you became a cat for a day, what would you do?
Sleep, and be cuddled all day. What a life...
If you had enough cats to start a singing band, what songs would you teach them to sing?
Haha. Would have to be Lovecats by The Cure and Cat People by David Bowie :P
Rate this picture. Scale of 1 - 10:P
tumblr_ouupiq7i7P1vkgjmeo1_raw.png
Omg that is so cute ❤️❤️❤️
At least an 8.5!!!!!

Reactions: Ricken

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How'd the moving go? Learn anything new about plots of land?
Do you watch Australian Survivor?
Lots of people ask you about the glasses, but neglect the bow tie--what other accessory will be next?
You dislike racing games, but even Mario Kart? Possibly, do you dislike driving simulators?
Found a reason to buy more just one more 3DS?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
How'd the moving go? Learn anything new about plots of land?
I nearly bought one of the ones I mentioned, but there were a huge number of problems - to get building approval the highway would have to be modified at my expense, and the house plan that was approved had no interior walls in the plan and had to be built by a very particular company. I ended up buying a little townhouse in town, so not the mini farm I was dreaming of but at least there will be a definite house to move into :-) And the best news is the tenants agreed to sell me all their furniture (it is really nice stuff) so I don't even have to worry about buying furniture and assembling it :-) I'll be moving in on the 22nd October. Very excited about being able to get proper internet (I get 80kbps max where I live right now) and infinite gas hot water - the hot water here only lasts a max of six or seven minutes. And I'll be able to cycle to work.
Do you watch Australian Survivor?
I may have seen an episode or two but don't watch it regularly. I know a guy that's been trying to get on the show for ages though.
Lots of people ask you about the glasses, but neglect the bow tie--what other accessory will be next?
TBH I've never worn a bow tie! My next avatar won't have glasses but it will have flowers on its head.
You dislike racing games, but even Mario Kart? Possibly, do you dislike driving simulators?
I like Mario Kart, if only for the fond memories as a kid/teenager playing MK64 with my sisters. It isn't much fun if you don't have a couple of people in your household to play it with though!
Found a reason to buy more just one more 3DS?
I still have a dozen or so, trying to sell them off before I move, along with all my other gaming junk. It's a slow process!! I'm trying REALLY hard not to buy more, my last slip up was a week or two ago, I saw a 3DS XL with a Sky3DS for sale for $50. I can nearly make the money back on the Sky3DS alone so I allowed myself to buy it. Turns out it has a few games installed with no NNID so I got a bonus of some legit games to merge with my account :-D (I know it doesn't make sense to want legit games but oh well, I like it). Besides that, I'd REALLY like the white 2DS XL with purple edges, but being Japan only it'll be expensive to import, and I have a 2DS XL already, so I'll let that go. The Pokémon themed ones don't really tempt me. Are you going to get any more???

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get 80kbps max where I live right now and infinite gas hot water
Wow! Good thing you have less than a month of that left! Hope you enjoy decorating in lieu of a having a garden, but you could always do a mini-indoor garden.

As for me getting another 3DS, I'l wait a little. I'd probably want a non-XL just to have it, but can't justify the purchase......I missed out on the Pokemon 20th version and I'm salty.:sad:

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Wow! Good thing you have less than a month of that left! Hope you enjoy decorating in lieu of a having a garden, but you could always do a mini-indoor garden.

As for me getting another 3DS, I'l wait a little. I'd probably want a non-XL just to have it, but can't justify the purchase......I missed out on the Pokemon 20th version and I'm salty.:sad:
Oh that sucks, maybe you'll find one on ebay for a good price? There don't seem to be any editions that go for more than original retail price anymore.

H1B1Esquire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh that sucks, maybe you'll find one on ebay for a good price? There don't seem to be any editions that go for more than original retail price anymore.

I'd probably buy a used NN3DS with a custom blank face plate
s-l1600.jpg
and cut the sticker to fit the inside of the plate. I've seen a few models go for $99-$129.00, so I'm okay spending $150.00 for everything to dry my salty tears.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

H1B1Esquire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sounds like a good plan! Shame Nintendo wouldn't just sell those faceplates separately.

Seriously. I think the company (not HORI) doing it for them has their blessing, at least. Surprisingly, I can get multiple refurb NN3DS' for $125.00, directly from Nintendo, with free shipping (limited time©™). It's also hilarious to see all the other things you can by from Nintendo that re-sellers try to sell, but have to increase prices to offset the seller fees.

Funny, but not-so-funny
new3dsxl-batterycovers-4-480x320.png
you can buy covers for almost every system, with the exception of NN3DS in Nintendo's replacement parts section.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Funny, but not-so-funny
new3dsxl-batterycovers-4-480x320.png
you can buy covers for almost every system, with the exception of NN3DS in Nintendo's replacement parts section.
Really??? Buying the Chinese knockoff cover plates doesn't look so smart anymore. Lol!! I'll have to check out their site.
Edit : they seem to only have the rear plates, not the top ones. So, still a place for the Chinese it looks like. That's a shame, I'd rather buy new, genuine plates if I was doing a cover swap.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also the wood ui for twl menu is back... +2