DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Welcome back Tempers! and Olmectron!, to...
6t24he.png

In this quirky little activity you tempers can get to know eachother a little better.

Know Your Temps rules and information:
  • General forum rules apply, do not break those!
  • Members can ask as many questions as they want, please keep it to one post, do not turn the thread into a personal chatbox!
  • Do not ask uncomfortable questions
  • Do not make use of question templates, these will be treated as spam!
    Make up some original questions and if someone has already asked a question you wanted to ask, you could ask them why they like it or ask them to share their opinion on it.
  • If you signed up for KYT, you'll be required to actively participate in asking questions to others.
    Last KYT, there where a lot of people who did not bother asking questions to others whilst they where on the session list, which resulted in emptyish threads and circlejerking with others.
    Your session will be scrapped from the list if you don't actively participate in asking things to your fellow attendee's.
    Not only will this prevent empty sessions, this will also generate more interest in your own KYT.
  • Please keep circlejerking to the EoF.
    This means memes and things like lenny faces and what not should not be in your question list!
  • Tempers that change their names and fail to notify me will be booted off the list, no exceptions.
  • Tempers that get suspended will be booted off the list, no exceptions.
  • If you're unavailable around the time your session is due, please send me a PM in advance and I'll put your session on hold.
  • If you want your session to be moved backwards, please PM me in advance and I'll move it backwards or put it on hold.
  • If you don't log in for 2 weeks consecutively, I will remove you from the KYT list, no exceptions.
    Last KYT, there where some people who didn't log in for a couple of weeks and did show up right before or right after their session.
  • Sessions will run for ~72 hours, In this time you'll get a 12 hourly status update from me saying your session is up to create more interest.
  • I will send the user with an upcoming session a notification, 72 hours in advance that their KYT is about to start as a reminder

This fun and engaging activity helps us get to know you better, in an exciting, chaotic way! Remember to be kind and have fun!

In This Session: @Olmectron will be on stand for questioning!

For updates on KYT, refer to this thread

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
How did you get involved in the temp?
What's your favourite (non-work) project?
How are your kids?
Cats or dogs?
Favourite colour?
If you could live anywhere where would it be?
Play any musical instruments?
Favourite game?
Favourite console?

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
How are you holding up with all those back-to-back problems?
I've been able to overcome most of them. Trying to feel happy. Thanks forma asking.

Anything you're anticipating?
Do you mean something I'm looking forward to? Well, yeah, I hope I can get a Switch with Mario Odyssey early next year.

Did you see
MV5BMjM4NDA4MDc3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTc1NTkxNzE@._V1_UY268_CR9,0,182,268_AL_.jpg
?

Nope. I don't like horror movies. But it looked like a interesting proposal from several Mexican film makers.

Last edited by Olmectron,
Reactions: H1B1Esquire

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@Quantumcat
How did you get involved in the temp?
I lurked in the forums, without creating a user, since March 2008 because I wanted to softmod my Wii. Before March 2008, I would buy every game I wanted for the Wii legally (I was 15 at the time, so I could only get a game saving up my own money for two or three months, or getting them as gifts in birthdays or holidays). I paid the pre-order of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and got the game in an event on a local retailer on March 9th by midnight. They gave a neat hat with Brawl's logo on it. I owned around 15 original copies of Wii games by then. (Wii games used to cost here around USD$65 when bought launch day, so it was a lot of money already put in buying those games, even if some of them were gifts).

Anyway, I played Brawl until around 3 a.m. It was only a little bit more than 2 hours playing it, and it simply freezed mid-game, with a screeching sound coming out of the TV speakers. I thought it was an isolated issue, and just went to sleep. Next day, after coming back from school, I played less than 1 hour and it happened again. Then, I couldn't play even 30 minutes continously, because it would always freeze. Sometimes even in the first 10 minutes of playing.

After two weeks, I got to hear it was a issue many people with first year Wiis were having because Smash Bros. was the first double layer DVD game. And that they would be improving the disc reader for free (shipping included) for everyone who sent it, in USA. I phoned Latamel, the company that manages Nintendo's support in Mexico. They told me I could send it to Nintendo in USA and they would fix it, but I had to pay both sending and returning shipping costs. After a lot of research since postal service is nearly non-existant here, I learned that it would mean USD$150 of costs for sending it and having it back.

I broke there. I was a full anti-piracy ideologist before then. I had by then more than 30 GameCube games, 20 GBA games and more than 15 Wii games, which were by no way cheap where I live. I had been trying to support the companies behind the hobby I loved, but Nintendo made me look for Wii softmodding, so I could play Smash Bros from a USB without freezing issues at all. And I couldn't just waste another USD$350 (a Wii's cost in every local retailer by then) in a new Wii just because of that. I signed in until 2012, just because I liked to read some comments of some people, but still I rarely commented on threads until 2014, when I felt the urge to answer other people's questions about Wii modding.

TL;DR. I got into GBATemp in 2008 because I wanted to play backups via USB in my Wii after its disc reader broke because of playing a legal copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl because of being the first double layer DVD game. I was a lurker, and signed up until 2012.

What's your favourite (non-work) project?
Personally, I really liked the idea of a Fire Emblem: Awakening save editor when the first userland exploit (and save injector app) for 9.2+ was released (for 3DS). I started working on it as fast as I could. It's my favorite project so far, because I learned a lot about hex editing and Java 8, and now about Polymer, thanks to it. You can see the latest Polymer web app here (still not finished, though): https://fireeditor.site

Also, while not actually knowing about it at all, I got a raspberry PI some weeks ago, and have been learning a bit about electronics and hardware. It's been funny.

How are your kids?

Alright, thanks for asking! Sofía was discharged of her hip dysplasia last month. She should no longer wear the harness!

Cats or dogs?

Both! My sister's Chihuahua's plays with the Siamese Cat from the family all day. I like both of them

Favourite colour?
It would be... green!

If you could live anywhere where would it be?

I sometimes dream of living in a place with a lot of ice and snow. So, it would be Groenland or Antarctica. I have thought about Australia, too, but I'm afraid about giant spiders. (I hate spiders). I know there are not THAT common in some regions, but still, give me the goosebumps.

Play any musical instruments?

The piano! Well, I've only gotten an electric keyboard, but it's the same if you learn one or another. Not really good myself, since I don't have the talent to play improvisations, but I enjoy playing Fur Elise or the ending of Symphony Number 9, by Beethoven. Also, the flute, from school.

Favourite game?

I love the Zelda series! But if you talk about a single game, that would be Chrono Trigger. I played and replayed that game more than 60 times between its SNES and NDS versions.

Favourite console?

The 3DS, definitely. It's the console I've played the most. Maybe the Switch will one day replace it, but not yet (I don't have one, anyway).

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Olmectron as in Electron?
What's your favorite franchise and why is it your favorite franchise?
Any specific moment in gaming which you treasure forever?

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@DinohScene
Olmectron as in Electron?
Yep. Have you read about the Olmec Culture? Just mix that word with Electron, and it's set. Why? I'm not sure why I mixed them up... I was a kid when I came up with the name.

What's your favorite franchise and why is it your favorite franchise?
- About gaming, Zelda. I really love the gameplay of most of the games (even more than the story, yes). It always feels good when a new game in the series is released and I start playing it. Well, excepting Triforce Heroes. I couldn't enjoy it until getting someone else to play with.
- In movies, that would be nearly every animated movie from Studio Ghibli. I think they are art by themselves.
- And when talking about books, it would be everything from Edgar Allan Poe. Because his way of storytelling is simply genious.

Any specific moment in gaming which you treasure forever?
- When I played Super Mario Galaxy for the first time. That 10 hour gaming session was a life changer. For real.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Are you into 80s synthpop?
I had to google that one up. It's kind of nice what I found.

I think I could get into it. But it's not exactly my kind of music. Nice, though.

Last edited by Olmectron,
Reactions: DinohScene
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, happy birthday