Know Your Game: Corpse Party

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
So welcome to another session of KYG, today we'll be talking to @TheGrayShow1467 about Corpse Party

RULES and info
interviews take place Mon-wed and thur-sat

You may ask questions about the game . the persons experiences with the game . and generally topics relating to said game .

Interviews last 3 days.
NO HENTAI games
NO QUICK TEMPLATES(I see any and your kicked)
and lastly NO HATERS

@Zero72463 - Luigis mansion
@Tex_McBladeSword - Metabots
@VinLark - Half life 2
@nxwing - pokemon black and white
@Veho - Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri
@Yuna5422 - Final Fantasy x-2
@rikumax25! - The World Ends With You
@SomecallmeBerto - Pokemon FireRed
@PaiiNSteven - Earthbound
@hobbledehoy899 - pong ???
@Flame -Pokémon Heartgold and Soulsilver
@Red9419 -Persona 4
@xtheman166 - Mario Power Tennis: New Play Control
@Chary - Fire Emblem : Awakening
@Joe88 - Team Fortress 2
@Dorimori - Dead by daylight
@kprovost7314 - Project Mirai DX
@CIAwesome526 - Portal 2
@osaka35 - Metroid : other M
@ars25 - kingdom hearts
@BobDoleOwndU - Metal Gear Solid V : The Phantom Pain
@lcie nimbus - Asura's Wrath
@MichiS97 - Legend of Zelda : Majora's mask
@XAIXER - Chrono Trigger
@Lacius - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.

Last edited by rikumax25!,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, how nice does Corpse Party play on an android phone with PPSSPP?
Why should I play it?
Let's suppose I like some VN style games like Steins;Gate and also some horror? games like Nameless Game and the Clock Tower series? Do you think I would also like this?
Are these questions ok?

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm talking about the 3 main series games. Maybe some other time I'll talk about Corpse Party 2 DEAD PATIENT and Corpse Party The Anthology.
So, how nice does Corpse Party play on an android phone with PPSSPP?
Why should I play it?
Let's suppose I like some VN style games like Steins;Gate and also some horror? games like Nameless Game and the Clock Tower series? Do you think I would also like this?
Are these questions ok?
On my shitty laptop (See my Low End CEMU blog post), the game runs at 60FPS. The game could probably run on a cereal box.
It's relatively accessible, and it doesn't rely on jumpscares like some games. If you like psychological horror games, you might enjoy this game.
Yeah, Corpse Party Book of Shadows is more of a visual novel. Corpse Party Blood Covered Repeated Fear and Corpse Party Blood Drive are more like RPG Maker games.
These questions are good!
what is the game about ?
favorite character ?
favorite piece of ost ?
favorite moment ?
why did you buy the game ?
Corpse Party Blood Covered Repeated Fear is the beginning of the series. It's about a group of friends who do a friendship ritual to stay connected, as one of the 9 characters is moving away. The ritual fails... obviously. Their classroom is swallowed and they are transported to a closed space (or closed spaces). They all wake up to find out they are separated. Their goal is to solve the mystery behind Heavenly Host Elementary and escape. Corpse Party Book of Shadows is a bit of a tricky beast. Some chapters are alternate tales of the events in Corpse Party Blood Covered Repeated Fear while others are expand upon characters which didn't get much of a back story. The prologue in the game continues from the true end of the first game. Corpse Party Blood Drive is takes place after the prologue of Book of Shadows and is about Ayumi Shinozaki trying to right the wrongs she made.
Seiko Shinohara is my favorite character.
It depends on which game... Corpse Party Blood Covered Sound Collection vol. 1 & 2 (PC version): Crimson Sign, Bloodcovered, End of Start; Songs of the Dead(Corpse Party(PSP/3DS Version)): Shangri-La; Songs of the Dead (Book of Shadows): Unrest & The Depths of Space and Time; Songs of the Dead (Blood Drive): Nirvana & Shangri-La Piano Ballad
Probably every scene where Seiko talks about butts.
I bought the game after seeing YuriofWind play it. It looked pretty cool! I am trying to own at least 1 copy of each version of the game. I'm also trying to write a speedrun route for the PC, PSP, and 3DS versions of Corpse Party.
Biggest seling point for someone thinking about getting it?
Probably the fact that it's not a shitty jumpscare game and that it has a well-built story (that I poorly tried to summarize). Oh, and Corpse Party Blood Drive has the OST and an artbook, while the 3DS version of Corpse Party includes new extra chapters, updated sprites, 3D CG scenes (at least one is animated I think (and by 3D CG, I mean 3D is enabled during these scenes.)), and in the US, it came with two figurines and I think the OST for just Corpse Party.

Last edited by pastaconsumer,

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you remember this games as experiences or do they have many memorable moments?
I felt it as an experience, honestly. There are some pretty good moments, but for spoiler reasons, I can't mention them... aside from every instance of Seiko talking about butts. Corpse Party The Anthology has some pretty funny moments, but nobody has made a translation patch. That kind of sucks, but oh well I guess...

Reactions: rikumax25!

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LMFAO i remember this game, it got me simultaneously angry yet laughing so hard when
I was at this part with three fking ghosts and I somehow got convinced to swallow a fkin pair of scissors. Some bs XD

Last edited by Sketchy1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)