Gaming Know of any split screen shooters on Wii?

yokomoko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi, basically I was wondering if anybody knew of any shooters on the Wii with splitscreen multiplayer? There's so many FPS on Wii now, and none of the video or text reviews I can find of them on the net ever care to mention if there is splitscreen. The vast majority of reviewers typically only bother to cover online stuff so it's really hard to learn if a shooter has splitscreen.

I already know about Red Steel so I was hoping somebody here could tell me of some others. Thanks much for the help.

P.S. I used the search function before posting this.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ghostbusters will have split screen co-op play, comes out in the US next week. Not exactly a shooter.

Rogue Trooper is an excellent game, it has 4 player split screen co-op. More people should play this on the Wii, especially if you're after a 3rd person action game.

Call of Duty: World At War is very good on the Wii, I prefer the controls on the Wii to the PC version in fact. It has split screen but I can't say how well it plays.

Medal of Honor Vanguard I think does but I dont like that game. MOH: Heroes 2 doesn't have it at all which is stupid.

There are on rail games like House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return, HotD: Overkill & Ghost Squad.

Also though not out until August, Metroid Prime 2 is in the Metroid Prime Trilogy Compilation and will have splitscreen multiplayer, its said to be a lot better than the GC version.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rebound said:
Conduit doesn't have split screen
True

QUOTEIt is mostly for that reason. When we set out, management handed us a box that had the things that we must incorporate, and one of those things was "Best looking game on the Wii" so, we were very concerned with loss of graphics quality - to basically double render the game on the box. As you can see, we've really pushed things with the bump mapping, the shading, the lighting and so forth. But again, it's something that our in-house technology group is looking into, seeing if there is a way that we can milk the system for more. So that possibly in future titles we can manage that. But for The Conduit, that was the main reason. -- Rob Nicholls

One of their future FPS games, The Grinder (imagine Left 4 Dead but with werewolves and vampires) however will have split-screen.

Rebound

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh and also World at War doesn't have splitscreen, it has fantastic online though.

The best you can do at the moment in terms of multiplayer FPS's is most probably James Bond: Quantum of Solace
It's based off the COD4 engine and is pretty fun with 4 players

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh just searched that and you're right, apparently a second player can play but they can either only shoot or only control the player on the same screen.

Stupid really, even the Gamecube could manage to get splitscreen on some of its games. Lazy developers.

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat! The conduit no split screen!!?

Man that sucks! So we're still stuck with the horrific Red Steel
sleep.gif
(minus the mostly brilliant on-rails shooters, be it on-rail)

EvanUnisil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't believe The Conduit doesn't have split screen. I mean it's my fault for being completely ignorant of it but... **** man I just wanted to play with my girlfriend and now we can't unless it's online? This is the stupidest shit I've ever heard. Eh all I want is a good split screen multiplayer FPS on Wii... is that so hard?

Gwaith

Trophies
Website
www.die2nite.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm I guess you're stuck with all the cool on-rails for now. I recommend Ghost Squad , but I might just like it so much because I actually played it on a real arcade machine abroad 4 Years ago and wished I could play it at home. And alakhazoom it comes to the wii
smile.gif
. You get level ups in Ghost Squad with which you unlock new weapons. Very neat.

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
If you like on-rails games then Dead Space Extraction, Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles and Maddog McCree are out soon. I can't get enough of on-rails games personally, I love them!
smile.gif

Although I'm still waiting for Midway to pull their fingers out and bring CarnEvil to the Wii, one of my favourites that!

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol so basically no shooters have split screen for the wii at the moment. Wow. Just wow.

CoD:WaW is fun though so I suggest trying that online.

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quantum of Solace has split screen multiplayer. Don't believe the reviews, it's a a pretty good game, not great, not horrible, but at least on par with the average FPS on any other console. It has a fun cover system, and some recreated maps from the N64 Goldeneye game, and really tight controls and runs great off the USB Loaders.

xvinh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know any on-rail which is rated everyone or teen? I want to play with my brother and I don't want to scare the heck outta him, or some FPS if there's no on-rail. I know it sounds impossible to find a kid-friendly FPS, but there's one in Banana Blitz's mini-games (though it's really hard to control).

Sir_Shaggy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I saw a video on Far Cry: Vengeance for the Wii last night that had Split screen co-op. Online reviews give it about a 5 or a 6 out of 10.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, uremum is generic