Hacking kmeaw CFW... maybe best one yet

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GT5 running on kmeaw as well. I had originally ripped it to an external with multiMAN only to find out that it had a 4GB+ file (I forgot to check compatibility lists.) I then used multiMAN to copy GT5 from ext. hdd to internal and it put it back together.
smile.gif
I'm still using Rogero v7.9a as I've had zero issues with any backups. It's a shame that I can't get multiMAN to run backups as all of it's other functions are excellent. When Rogero couldn't find GT5 for example, I used multiMAN to move the BLUS folder from laun12345/gamez to the games folder on the root of the internal hdd. I think I need to clean up the folder hierarchy on my internal to something a little more "standardized" as having toyed with multiple BUMs has created multiple paths... and dead ends. Does anyone with a working version of multiMAN for their backups want to describe their internal hdd folder configuration?

nugundam0079

Prime Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
is it safe to install kmeaw cfw on top of Geohot 3.55? because that's what I have on my ps3 right now...

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
It would PROBABLY work but I would install the ofw 3.55 first (that's what I did, was on geohot's cfw as well). It's only one more update to do.

nugundam0079

Prime Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Bloodgod said:
nugundam0079 said:
let me get this straight you went from-geohot 3.55 back to ofw 3.55 to kmea? yikes

better safe, than sorry. But go ahead and do it your way. Just don't post a bitch topic. Kthx

That's why I'm double checking wise guy, I want to get all the details I can so I dont F**** myself over

geez...

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, is kmeaw safe for 60gig CECHA models?

Will I still need my ps3break if it installs all well?

Will I be able to downgrade if it doesn't work out?

I know it's probably been asked before, but I would appreciate answers to these... still waiting, but from what it looks like, kmeaw's definitely a lot more "polished" than the other CFW's out there. Currently on stock 3.41 and using my PS3Break jailbreaker so I can run homebrew, but it'd be nice to be able to at least go online and get demo's for new games. And for what it's worth, I would rather buy X-men arcade for the ps3 over the 360 as the ps3 build does support six players on a single console (while it would have to be split up over Live on the xbox ).

Can I go from OFW 3.41 straight to kmeaw's 3.55?

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
YES

NO

YES

You can acces PSN and there is even a way now too reinstall DLC offline.

People will say no because they are wuss but i say YES! the only reason to use recovery mode is to install same version firmware... because it wont allow you.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I find it dumb how sony won't even let you on the part of their network to let you BUY stuff or at least try out demos for games and see if there's something worth getting without accepting the update.

Main thing I'm worried about with 3.5* is the fact that it still probably has that code to block/brick third party controllers and stuff. Unless these CFW's apparently update that revocation list and trim it away, like fail0verflow was alluding to in their big video at 27C3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: F