MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
kh-criticism.jpg

SE told Gematsu: "The recent KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX- announcement was only for the Japanese market"

Source

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Even if I were a fan, It's still a pretty shitty repackaging anyway. Maybe if they included KH 2 and named it "Kingdom Hearts: Select favorites" or someshit, it would be better.

The moral of the story is, just release Kingdom Hearts 3 and kill everyone at the end, that way we don't have to deal with this BS anymore. But knowing the convoluted story, Squeenix would most likely find a way to bring them back to life to milk this abomination of a franchise anyway.

I warn you, Disney...you better not pull this shit with Marvel characters. I'm not even playing.

Reactions: 2 people

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good. Keep that shit off my shores.
There was A LOT of people waiting for quite a long time waiting for this HD Collection and now it got revealed but only for Japan?
KH is awesome and a lot of people(including myself) love it.

I respectfully disagree with you and reiterate Kingdom Hearts is shit.

Reactions: 8 people

MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
You're right. But maybe thats why its only for Japan. Maybe for the rest will be a different collection with KH2 and BBS

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if I were a fan, It's still a pretty shitty repackaging anyway. Maybe if they included KH 2 and named it "Kingdom Hearts: Select favorites" or someshit, it would be better.

The moral of the story is, just release Kingdom Hearts 3 and kill everyone at the end, that way we don't have to deal with this BS anymore. But knowing the convoluted story, Squeenix would most likely find a way to bring them back to life to milk this abomination of a franchise anyway.

I warn you, Disney...you better not pull this shit with Marvel characters. I'm not even playing.

I would at least expect KH, KH: Re: CoM, KH2, and then maybe do a "mobile" versions one that includes the original CoM, BBS, 358/2, and Re:coded.

EDIT: Think God of War. There's "God of War Collection" and "God of War Origins Collection". One contains console games, the other contains the mobile ones. Although they eventually merged the two in the "God of War Saga Collection" and put GoW3 in there.

Also I wouldn't worry too much about Marvel. Last time I checked, they owned Marvel Comics, I think their video game properties are owned by Activision.

Reactions: 1 person

Saken

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Please don't spread false information, typically a Japanese game is announced in Japan first, and then an announcement is made for the rest of the world some time after. This has been the case for every other KH game released. Misleading title, no where in the article does it state that Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix will be "Only for Japan".

To quote from a fansite, Shamdeo, who has proven to have a strong connection with Square Enix NA
"This by no means implies that a localization won't happen."

Reactions: 1 person

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please don't spread false information, typically a Japanese game is announced in Japan first, and then an announcement is made for the rest of the world some time after. This has been the case for every other KH game released. Misleading title, no where in the article does it state that Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix will be "Only for Japan".

To quote from a fansite, Shamdeo, who has proven to have a strong connection with Square Enix NA
"This by no means implies that a localization won't happen."

^This. Seriously, lets not jump to conclusions so fast.

And honestly, even if it doesn't get localized anywhere else, there's always the possibility of the PS2 games making their way to PS2 classic eventually. I mean, even the horribly buggy, lackluster version of Psychonauts made it!

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
There was A LOT of people waiting for quite a long time waiting for this HD Collection and now it got revealed but only for Japan?

Somehow it feels wrong for me to actually agree with both you and Guild about this.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti

Somehow it feels wrong for me to actually agree with both you and Guild about this.

And that, my friend is what people call a "guilty pleasure". You know the series is shit, yet you enjoy it anyway.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country

And that, my friend is what people call a "guilty pleasure". You know the series is shit, yet you enjoy it anyway.
I actually gave up on the series after finishing the DS game. I still find it weird that I actually agree with Guild about something.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

That's because we're completly right.

Reactions: 5 people

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I'm ROFL so hard right now XD I guess they don't like westerner's money then, one disadvantage of digital downloads, if it was released on blu ray with both games then people could just import it, but that's not the case with digital downloads as it's more difficult.

Why didn't they just release both games in HD anyway, why just release 1 game in the series in HD?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: yeehaw