Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, some of you guys are dumbasses.

They don't know what a Game Boy is? Big shocking news, they were born in the new millennium. How many of you big mature guys played a Spectrum? I did in Middle School, and I found it boring compared to what I had in 2004. Yes, I preferred my brand new PS2 compared to the Spectrum. Kill me.

Second, they are kids. They can do any statement out of ignorance they want, they are allowed. They didn't do it that much anyway, as some of them almost IMMEDIATELY recognized the BS we had in our childhood with that damn thing (no light, 4 AA batteries, tetris being boring as shit).

Really, I'm curious to see how many of you have had an Odyssey in the 90s for whatever reason and played the shit out of it. My brother and I had a SMS when I was 4 (1997), but when we got a PS1 the year after? Fuck you Sega.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the DMG Game Boy was released in 1989 and the first generation of rechargable AA batteries was developed around the year 2000. Maybe you mean rechargable battery packs? Nintendo released one that looked like this and was external:

I know that radio shack had rechargeable batteries in the 80's, AA and C batteries that I know of.

Silentsurvivor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you give a Gameboy to a kid and give them Tetris? Of fucking course they won't like it. I mean, yeah, they might, for 10 minutes and then get bored of it. Give them Pokemon or Super Mario Land 2 and every single one of them would have loved it. I'd feel sorry too for somebody who plays goddamn Tetris on a DMG screen.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Why would you give a Gameboy to a kid and give them Tetris? Of fucking course they won't like it. I mean, yeah, they might, for 10 minutes and then get bored of it. Give them Pokemon or Super Mario Land 2 and every single one of them would have loved it. I'd feel sorry too for somebody who plays goddamn Tetris on a DMG screen.
I think you're greatly overestimating the appeal of Super Mario Land 2 or Pokemon on a green-and-black screen. They're still good games, don't get me wrong, but considering how blurry the screen was on the original Game Boy and how you had to sit on the surface of the sun to see anything (it's probably even worse after years of LCD deterioration), I still believe the kids might be partial towards the *insert fancy new-fangled device here*. ;)

Silentsurvivor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you're greatly overestimating the appeal of Super Mario Land 2 or Pokemon on a green-and-black screen.
They way the video was made it looks like the kids think Tetris is the only thing available to play on the console. As a kid I'd find it boring as heck too. Yeah they'd prefer their new 3DS or iDevice, but it would leave a better game would leave a better impression on them, for sure.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
They way the video was made it looks like the kids think Tetris is the only thing available to play on the console. As a kid I'd find it boring as heck too. Yeah they'd prefer their new 3DS or iDevice, but it would leave a better game would leave a better impression on them, for sure.
C'mon - kids can be dumb, but not that dumb. They can clearly see that the system takes cartridges just like a 3DS does, I think they can connect the dots.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm not so against their reactions actually... they seem reasonable based on their context (with the exception of the chubby kid ..that one was annoying..)

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Kids can't be this stupid, the difference of accuracy between physical buttons and digital is huge, I've played on iPhone before and most of the time that shit wouldn't do what I was pressing on the screen.

Okay sure, these kids weren't around when Game Boy was released but it's still absurd what they were saying, most likely it was scripted.

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't seen this one (I saw the one with the old computer) and I wonder if maybe kids aren't really overacting it's just how they are taught to behave and how their parents actually talk to them

Kids can't be this stupid, the difference of accuracy between physical buttons and digital is huge, I've played on iPhone before and most of the time that shit wouldn't do what I was pressing on the screen.

Okay sure, these kids weren't around when Game Boy was released but it's still absurd what they were saying, most likely it was scripted.
a_dark_and_terrible_future_by_jollyjack-d320pw2.jpg

Reactions: filfat

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I haven't seen this one (I saw the one with the old computer) and I wonder if maybe kids aren't really overacting it's just how they are taught to behave and how their parents actually talk to them

a_dark_and_terrible_future_by_jollyjack-d320pw2.jpg

Where's this from? I remember this from a film but can't name it right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto