Kickstarter: Casetop

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
I agree.
Waste of good money imho.
But if you're rich then it doesn't matter much does it.

What an economical crisis we have.
If you think that an economical crisis is not being able to buy a piece of simple hardware like this, then you didn't really live a crisis :P

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you think that an economical crisis is not being able to buy a piece of simple hardware like this, then you didn't really live a crisis :P

It's more that everybody is whining about how much they need to cut in order to survive the month, yet they keep op buying "useless" accessories.

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
It's more that everybody is whining about how much they need to cut in order to survive the month, yet they keep op buying "useless" accessories.
IKR... People have their priorities shifted. They cry about not being able to live up to their expectations while their expectations aren't they needs, but to have a car, the last and best cellphone, HD TV with 500+ channels (that even then they won't see more than 2 o 3 shows since they work all day). It's madness... But well, crazy world we live in. Won't get offtopic anymore. :)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
IKR... People have their priorities shifted. They cry about not being able to live up to their expectations while their expectations aren't they needs, but to have a car, the last and best cellphone, HD TV with 500+ channels (that even then they won't see more than 2 o 3 shows since they work all day). It's madness... But well, crazy world we live in. Won't get offtopic anymore. :)

Exactly that.
I've lived a live where I had nothing so anything I have is luxury atm ._.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Piracy is a good way to have "useless" software for free and China is a good to have "useless" acessories for almost nothing. That's why I do not back up projects like this one, and I do not back up shovelware games too (there are many on kickstarter by the way).

I'm not telling that I'll never buy a keyboard + screen for my cellphone, but I'll never pay $250 on it. (It is half of my house rent value :P)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Piracy is a good way to have "useless" software for free and China is a good to have "useless" acessories for almost nothing. That's why I do not back up projects like this one, and I do not back up shovelware games too (there are many on kickstarter by the way).

I'm not telling that I'll never buy a keyboard + screen for my cellphone, but I'll never pay $250 on it. (It is half of my house rent value :P)

Piracy is bad ;o;
But yeh you're right on that.
I seen people that want EVERY Wii ISO and GCN ISO etc.
I always asked them, do you really play all of those games?
Ohwell.

And yay for china for cheap stuff indeed.
But then again China also has some exclusive stuff that's not found in any other country (like me Hello Kitty mouse I have atm)

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I grabbed this from the page, maybe it or more info from the page will change your mind?

What does the Casetop Replace?
1. Laptops for 90% of users
2. Extended phone batteries
2. Emergency Portable Battery Chargers
3. Phone stands, HDMI docks and other 1 phone only accessories.

Why is this different from a low cost laptop?
1. Low cost laptops only last for 1 year or 2, this Casetop lasts for 10! The Casetop has more in common with a TV then a laptop, how often do you replace your TV instead of your DVD player/VCR/Game System.

2. The Casetop gets upgraded when you buy a new phone! Unlike a Low-cost laptop, the Casetop is 100% usable for it's entire 10 YEAR LIFE. It doesn't get slow, annoying, or frustrating.

3. If your phone feels fast in your hand, it WILL be fast in the Casetop, NO MORE WAITING for your web browser to start. NO MORE hard drive crashes!

3. The Battery Life of the Casetop is at least 15 TIMES the battery life of the Standard Laptop, and 4 TIMES longer than the BEST laptop.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does the Casetop Replace?
1. Laptops for 90% of users - How many people is that exactly? This thing isnt even funded yet.
2. Extended phone batteries - Cant argue with that :P
2. Emergency Portable Battery Chargers - Same as 2
3. Phone stands, HDMI docks and other 1 phone only accessories. - Same as 2

Why is this different from a low cost laptop?
1. Low cost laptops only last for 1 year or 2, this Casetop lasts for 10! The Casetop has more in common with a TV then a laptop, how often do you replace your TV instead of your DVD player/VCR/Game System. - What... I have a netbook I bought 3 years ago cheaper then this, and its still going strong.

2. The Casetop gets upgraded when you buy a new phone! Unlike a Low-cost laptop, the Casetop is 100% usable for it's entire 10 YEAR LIFE. It doesn't get slow, annoying, or frustrating. - Wrong, phones themselves get slow, annoying and frustrating before they become completely useless, if this is just a screen and a battery, it also will undergo the same changes.

3. If your phone feels fast in your hand, it WILL be fast in the Casetop, NO MORE WAITING for your web browser to start. NO MORE hard drive crashes! - If your notebook is half-decent then it too will be fast.

3. The Battery Life of the Casetop is at least 15 TIMES the battery life of the Standard Laptop, and 4 TIMES longer than the BEST laptop. - But its doing less, MUCH less.

Just my thoughts, it seems like fun if you only have a smartphone and want a laptop with out the 'laptop' (something I was using mine as before I got my laptop) but other then that its STILL just a keyboard, screen and battery they want to charge 250 for. If it was maybe 80-110 it would be alright, especially seeing how its depending on outside funding, but other then that, its just too much for something that a tablet or netbook could do better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ign.com/articles/call-of-duty-black-ops-6-confirmed-by-activision