Hardware keyboard io 3ds

sightlight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can we get somekind of io support for the 3ds like for a keyboard.

Attachments

• developing.png
    developing.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 255

Nickname863

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well there is a controler hardmod for the 3ds. So it might be possible but the problem would probably that the 3ds wouldn't accept the keyboard without changeing system files which would then refuse to work.
On the other hand how adding a controler is much more easy than a keyboard. So probably it isn't possible...

caprathebest

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Unless you have a lot of exploits (software ones that will allow you to control some hardware I/O and modify their behavior) and a lot LOT of free time that's not possible.

loco365

Trophies
XP
There is no default USB port, and the IR port is nigh useless. Unless you create a software-based keyboard, then creating a hardware keyboard is impossible.

For the record, the Pokémon Typing DS game uses a Bluetooth adapter that's built into the game card itself, so that's not an option either.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
3 most likely routes
1. network based homebrew method, so you can type on your computer and send it over
2. IR based keyboard homebrew doohicky
3. hardware based touch screen simulator, that you could use to map the on screen keyboard to a real keyboard

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Someone could emulate a click on the 3ds keyboard if they did a hardware mod, but you would need something to calculate stiff in between, an arduono could handle it i guess

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: I only tied going online to sync trophies