Hacking Hardware Keep getting boot.dat error. Is card reader broken?

Tom_Blums

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Latvia
Hi guys!

I have a mariko switch witch sx os modchip and sx os loader on it. I have prepared my microsd card(formatted in fat32) accoarding to this tutorial: https://rentry.org/mys8q. But I keep getting this screen with "boot.dat?" error. Am I doing something wrong? Or is sd card reader on my switch broken? If so, how could I verify that?

1683048287199.jpeg

Bradle6

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys!

I have a mariko switch witch sx os modchip and sx os loader on it. I have prepared my microsd card(formatted in fat32) accoarding to this tutorial: https://rentry.org/mys8q. But I keep getting this screen with "boot.dat?" error. Am I doing something wrong? Or is sd card reader on my switch broken? If so, how could I verify that?

View attachment 368622
you need to put boot,dat on the memory card its the new v5 modchips that this started for me you need boot.dat and mariko fileson there

Luigi31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, I have boot.dat file on my sd card. Thats how it looks in windows:
View attachment 368627
Your carye SD is in FAT32? In your previous message you said it was in FAT 32. But check. If there is no "no SD" error, it means that your SD card is recognized. So the reader is tired of breaking. If your SD card is in FAT 32 then try downloading the HATS pack on GitHub.

Tom_Blums

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Latvia
Your carye SD is in FAT32? In your previous message you said it was in FAT 32. But check. If there is no "no SD" error, it means that your SD card is recognized. So the reader is tired of breaking. If your SD card is in FAT 32 then try downloading the HATS pack on GitHub.
The card is in fat32, and in windows the card works flawlessly. But the sx os bootloader does not see the boot.dat file(which is located in the root of the sd card). The bootloader shows that "boot.dat?" error. Even if I try to boot switch without the sd card, it still shows me that "boot.dat?"error message, so it looks like sx os boot loader does not show any "no sd card" error messages.

Is far as I understand, the HATS pack does not work with sx os bootloader.

Luigi31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The card is in fat32, and in windows the card works flawlessly. But the sx os bootloader does not see the boot.dat file(which is located in the root of the sd card). The bootloader shows that "boot.dat?" error. Even if I try to boot switch without the sd card, it still shows me that "boot.dat?"error message, so it looks like sx os boot loader does not show any "no sd card" error messages.

Is far as I understand, the HATS pack does not work with sx os bootloader.
Humm. Try to change the card reader.

Bradle6

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have had this error with some of the modchips the right files fixed it. I will make a folder after work if you haven't got it working and you can try that.
Post automatically merged:

Thinking about this I modded my cousin's switch he also had this problem when his SD card wasn't supported. What brand do you have I suggest a SanDisk

I guarantee it's a unsurported SD card with the modchip

Tom_Blums

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Latvia
I have had this error with some of the modchips the right files fixed it. I will make a folder after work if you haven't got it working and you can try that.

Thinking about this I modded my cousin's switch he also had this problem when his SD card wasn't supported. What brand do you have I suggest a SanDisk

I guarantee it's a unsurported SD card with the modchip
This sd card used to work with this switch before. So the sd card is 100% compatible with this switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4