Gaming Just want to say how satisfied I am with FIFA 18

horokeusama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Like i said, FIFA has been on Nintendo consoles forever. GBA, Wii, DS, 3DS, WIii U.

If the game is not good or whatever is not the point. FIFA 19 most likely would be on the Switch.

That article is from November.... Not a valid point.

Again, doesnt matter if the port is shit or not, they have history with Nintendo and i dont see it going away soon.

A port is still better than a "Fifa Switch" with motion controls and big headed characters.

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
dunno, I still don´t trust EA

Maybe we are not in the same page here. What is to trust? Im just saying the game would be on the Switch. Is it gonna be good? Who knows.

A port is still better than a "Fifa Switch" with motion controls and big headed characters.

Whats the difference between this game and the PS4/Xbox version? Litteraly one missing mode. The game is the same. It does what im/other fans are looking for and thats playing football games. What are you expecting from this game in this plataform? It delivers, thats it.

Ysle29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Whats the difference between this game and the PS4/Xbox version? Litteraly one missing mode. The game is the same. It does what im/other fans are looking for and thats playing football games. What are you expecting from this game in this plataform? It delivers, thats it.

Have you actually played both versions?
If you did, you'd notice that there's an huge difference in gameplay since EA was too too lazy to port the new engine.

horokeusama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Maybe we are not in the same page here. What is to trust? Im just saying the game would be on the Switch. Is it gonna be good? Who knows.

???
I was the one who created the topic, man. I think the version we have is better than what they did on Wii back in the day.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Have you actually played both versions?
If you did, you'd notice that there's an huge difference in gameplay since EA was too too lazy to port the new engine.

It's not as bad as it sounds. The modified Ignite engine does the job. Changing to Frostbite was just something EA did with all its games, but the overall experience is the same. Of course some smaller differences can be noted on gameplay, but I leave that to real enthusiastics. I just want to play some leagues and enjoy a couch versus with my father.

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
???
I was the one who created the topic, man. I think the version we have is better than what they did on Wii back in the day.

Oops, sorry, thought you were saying we have a bad game lol.

I played lot of hours in the Wii game when i was a kid but man, that game was TRASH.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The point is, it's a very good game. What exactly is the point in comparing it to PS4 or XONE? Neither of those are portable consoles. There's also no point in condescending comments like it's fine for FIFA noobs. I've been playing football video games since the 1970's so I'm able to appreciate and enjoy anything as long as it's fun. This is a fun game.

horokeusama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The point is, it's a very good game. What exactly is the point in comparing it to PS4 or XONE? Neither of those are portable consoles. There's also no point in condescending comments like it's fine for FIFA noobs. I've been playing football video games since the 1970's so I'm able to appreciate and enjoy anything as long as it's fun. This is a fun game.

Yes that was exactly what I tried to point out. It's not a worse game because it isn't the same as the PS4/XONE versions. I could've bought the PS4 version but I opted for something that works way better for me, and I know that many other people think like this too.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played FIFA in the 90's and early 2000's. Then a long break until I somehow picked up 15 and loved it. I've been playing pro clubs ONLY since then. How do you think I like the switch version? I won't even touch it.

Ysle29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I played FIFA in the 90's and early 2000's. Then a long break until I somehow picked up 15 and loved it. I've been playing pro clubs ONLY since then. How do you think I like the switch version? I won't even touch it.

Did you buy any new FIFA versions after 15?
If so, FIFA 18 for the Switch will probably feel like an old game because the gameplay is almost identical to FIFA 16.

If you never bought any new FIFA versions after 15 and you don't mind not being able to play against friends online, I'd say FIFA 18 for the Switch is a decent game. Keep in mind that FIFA 18 for the Switch doesn't have Pro Clubs either.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought all of them, 15,16 and 17 on PS4 and played with my brother, 18 on PC and of course with 144fps and unmatched loading times I'm not going back. I'd still get it on switch if I could play pro clubs on the go. Who knows? Maybe 19..but we'll see what atmosphere brings. Right now Nintendo has nothing to offer me as far as online play goes. They'd have to announce Mario Maker REAL soon.

The fact that 18 on switch won't let you play against friends is absolutely ridiculous and that alone makes it a shit version if you ask me. Fantastic for FUT fans of course.

Last edited by isoboy,

Ysle29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I agree, being able to play against friends is the major reason I buy FIFA every year and it's really ridicilous to not include it. I also doubt FUT fans would like this version since it misses some important modes in there too, which makes it even harder to earn coins. On the PS4/XB1 version you're also able to play against friends in FUT, this is also not possible on Switch.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree, being able to play against friends is the major reason I buy FIFA every year and it's really ridicilous to not include it. I also doubt FUT fans would like this version since it misses some important modes in there too, which makes it even harder to earn coins. On the PS4/XB1 version you're also able to play against friends in FUT, this is also not possible on Switch.

There's no way in hell you won't be able to play against friends in 19. That would be insane.

Reactions: Ysle29

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
If so, FIFA 18 for the Switch will probably feel like an old game because the gameplay is almost identical to FIFA 16.

Sometimes old is better right? And I really don't understand this tendency to release something 'new' every year either. Like when you are in 2019 and playing Fifa 2018 people would think of it as outdated.
I rather think there should be one Fifa game overall, title could be 'Fifa Switch' that would benefit from patches and squad updates every year.
I felt myself inclined to go to PES 2009 because I disliked the 2013 version altogether on psp.

Ysle29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sometimes old is better right? And I really don't understand this tendency to release something 'new' every year either. Like when you are in 2019 and playing Fifa 2018 people would think of it as outdated.
I rather think there should be one Fifa game overall, title could be 'Fifa Switch' that would benefit from patches and squad updates every year.
I felt myself inclined to go to PES 2009 because I disliked the 2013 version altogether on psp.
There's nothing wrong with playing old games, but that doesn't make me want to buy a reskin of an old game for the Switch when I can also buy a new game for the PS4.
EA will never release one title with annual patches because that would be extremely damaging to profits.
Also, while changes each year may seem small, you'll notice an extreme difference in gameplay if you compare FIFA 13 to FIFA 16 for example.

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
Bought it while it was on sale. Love it, great game, solit port.
The last Fifa i played was Fifa 17 on PC. I am not a huge fifa fan, but for me there wasn't any huge differences in the games~

I can recommend the game for everyone who likes to play a casual round. But since it is published by EA, wait untill it is on Sale

INobody

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm not satisfied with the game for the 48€ I paid on release.
Ultimate Team is bad with all the cuts. No story mode and 2016 tech state...

For the 20€ they offer it as digital right now, one could give it a shot. There will be close to no resale value with the next Fifa release, so digital is fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: