blackbunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok so i can run gc games with a hdd loader, which was the only reason i got this.

is there any other cool things that can be done with this?

what im trying to say is other than gc hdd loader is there any difference to softmod?

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
AFAIK there are some games that don't work on all USB loaders (eg. Call of Duty 3) that still work on Wode because it emulates the optical drive (read: tricks Wii into thinking it's a disk).

pollocktrance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe he wants to download games he already owns, as we all know the function of ripping is not implemented yet. Opens the door to a whole series of problems such as ISO, which has been downloaded are of unknown origin was unknown place. Stick with your information.

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
You can rip Wii and GC games on WODE Firmware 2.00 and above. (Have been able to do so for months now) BETA2.2E seems to break ripping so stick with 2.1 / 2.1A. The difference between the two is 2.1 allows ripping to NTFS, EXT3 and FAT32 whereas 2.1 only allows ripping to EXT2 and FAT32.

You can rip games straight to ISO or WBFS file format.

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luminalace said:
AFAIK there are some games that don't work on all USB loaders (eg. Call of Duty 3) that still work on Wode because it emulates the optical drive (read: tricks Wii into thinking it's a disk).

I'm able to play Call of Duty 3 and have been for a while... granted, I'm only on chapter 2 "The Island" and don't play it much, but it works for me. I'm using Uloader and Hermes cios v5. Though I know it worked with v4 too. I actually haven't found a game that doesn't load using uloader or neogamma. Granted some may require Alt Dol loading.

Edit: Posting this, because I've seen other people say they can't play COD 3 either...

D

Deleted_171835

yay.gif

I plan on buying the Wode.

What do you mean by VC Games? The ones released on the Shop Channel?
If so, you need a WAD Manager.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
w!! said:
luminalace said:

I'm able to play Call of Duty 3 and have been for a while... granted, I'm only on chapter 2 "The Island" and don't play it much, but it works for me. I'm using Uloader and Hermes cios v5. Though I know it worked with v4 too. I actually haven't found a game that doesn't load using uloader or neogamma. Granted some may require Alt Dol loading.

Edit: Posting this, because I've seen other people say they can't play COD 3 either...

Already finished it...!! ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn