Just got my first smartphone and well, heh

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
My shitty flip-phone finally conked out after nearly four years of use :rofl2: So I went to my local retailer and traded it for in-store credit for a somewhat low-end Android smartphone. But the CPU is actually quite decent, a 1.4 GHz Dual-Core Qualcomm MSM8230 (I think, decent, emulators should work), micro SD support to 32 GB SDHC, which is plenty for my needs, esp. for pics, music, and uh, *cough* backups *cough*. Also a Snapdragon 400 GPU, which also, isn't the worst on the market AFAIK, so for Snes9x, RetroArch, maybe even ePSXe, speed shouldn't be much of an issue. Not the most high end or most powerful, but hey, it's helluva lot more powerful than my last phone ^_^

So, this leads me to asking questions on what I can do to get the most out of this device, with the in-store trade of my old phone, I didn't have to pay, plus it was on sale, around 55 dollars. While I don't expect anything super miraculous, emulation shouldn't be much of an issue, correct? And with the fact it has Bluetooth support, could I use a BT controller instead of the touch screen for emulators? It's my first Android phone, and it came with Jellybean, I suppose I could go with Kitkat, but I hear that version has issues with loading files off of SD cards (like games, music, etc), is that true?

The phone is a Z740G, once more, I didn't nor do I want to go high end for quite some time, just need some pointers and other tidbits to get me rolling :P
I think that should be able to run DS games well, maybe even PSP. N64 and PSX should run great.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it free, like, as in, not a limited trial/shareware, correct? And also, what settings/configs do you recommend for saving as much battery as possible? The reason I ask is, well, like say I use my phone to hook up to my car stereo, I'd need to create playlists, shuffle them, etc while having the screen go off during play, does that make sense? Also, uh, well, I just want to conserve power, you know? I hate being a noob to Android, I don't know all there is to offer, to get the most out of it, etc.

You are gonna need root access to do any real battery saving

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill