Hacking Just got CFW (mmCM & Retro) How do I...?

Marter714

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys so I just got my PS3 back from getting hard modded and the the guy went over everything with me, but I didn't really catch much of it. So I was hoping you all can be kind enough to answer/explain some things.

1) What's the difference between "Copying" a game and "Creating an ISO" in multiMan? I created an iso with my copy of Nier and I copied Yakuza 3, the only difference I see is their file path (/dev_hdd0/PS3ISO) & (/dev_hdd0/GAMES) also in multiMan Nier has a little disk icon on the top right corner.

2) If I load up one of those games it mounts it like a disk. What happens if I already have a disk in the tray or put one in?

3) How do I put games onto Retro?

Thanks guys! Sorry if these are noob questions I'm just totally lost right now >.<

Last edited by Marter714,

erfg12

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
newagesoldier.com
XP
Country
United States
1) Creating an ISO > Making a .iso file from the disc. Copying a game will copy the disc's content on your console to play without the disc. If you plug in an external HDD you will need to have it formatted to FAT32, so you wouldn't want make an ISO of it unless you store it internally.
2) Some games require that a disc be inside your console with multiman. I believe it just switches the disc over to the mounted game? Not 100% sure.
3) I think you can make the directory be whatever you want. Try looking in settings for multiman.

If you want to know more, read this thread - https://gbatemp.net/threads/multiman-beginners-guide.291170/

Reactions: Marter714

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.