John Romero releases a new Doom II level to raise funds for Ukraine

FM4haEmXIAAl2SJ.jpg

John Romero, co-founder of id Software and designer on a number of classic first-person shooters including the first two Doom games, has released a new level for Doom II to raise funds for Ukraine. Called "One Humanity," this is Romero's first Doom II level since 1994, although in 2019 he released a whole game of modded levels for the original Doom called Sigil, which was well-received. Romero is currently working on Sigil 2, which will also be made using Doom II modding tools.

You can pick up One Humanity from Romero's website for €5 at this link.

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
If anyone bitching about the UN and Red Cross would like to do something productive instead of putting people down for trying to help in a humanitarian crisis you can donate directly to the Ukrainian armed forces.
https://bank.gov.ua/en/news/all/nat...srahunok-dlya-zboru-koshtiv-na-potrebi-armiyi

You can also donate to help normal Ukrainian citizens.
https://bank.gov.ua/en/news/all/nat...yintsyam-postrajdalim-vid-rosiyskoyi-agresiyi

Doubtful that any of you will though. You'd rather just sit and wallow about how you're better than everyone else because you know of instances where said institutions failed to do their job. If you want to be a tight arse hole just say you don't care that Russia is bombing children's hospitals or trying to cause Chernobyl 2.0. No need to tear down other people for wanting to help mitigate suffering.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish other companies did something like this, instead of virtue signaling by removing Russian shit from their games. Removing content from their games helps nobody, instead they could donate towards those millions of people who had to flee their homes. Imo, removing Russian content from their games is worse than doing nothing.

WG481

Official Waluigi Propagandist
Trophies
Somewhere. Look hard enough and you could find me.
XP
Country
United States
If anyone bitching about the UN and Red Cross would like to do something productive instead of putting people down for trying to help in a humanitarian crisis you can donate directly to the Ukrainian armed forces.
https://bank.gov.ua/en/news/all/nat...srahunok-dlya-zboru-koshtiv-na-potrebi-armiyi

https://bank.gov.ua/en/news/all/nat...yintsyam-postrajdalim-vid-rosiyskoyi-agresiyi

Doubtful that any of you will though. You'd rather just sit and wallow about how you're better than everyone else because you know of instances where said institutions failed to do their job. If you want to be a tight arse hole just say you don't care that Russia is bombing children's hospitals or trying to cause Chernobyl 2.0. No need to tear down other people for wanting to help mitigate suffering.
Can I like a post twice?

My family's actually donated what we can spare to help them out, and we've gotten a lot of people in our friend circle to help get a family friend's family out of Ukraine.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
When and how this happened? I'm writing right now from the Latin America btw, looking through my window, it do not look like very Chinese right now, maybe I missed something?
Paraguay, Uruguay, Colombia, Perú, Bolivia, Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, all countries suffering fake Insurrectionist coups where United Nations would intervene using the "human rights international militia" to have political assistance to let United Nations to "friendly" assist and take over governments slowly through international U.N provided laws, curiously aligned with a certain political party of power enforcing and agreeing to them?

Paraguay Fake coup #1

Uruguay's Insurrectionists pro new constitution #1

Uruguay's Insurrectionists pro new constitution + Bolivarian Armed Forces #2

Uruguay's Insurrectionists pro new constitution + United Nation's fake Human Rights Insurrection #3

Uruguay's Insurrectionists United Nation's Fake Human Rights + Bolivarian Armed Forces #4

Colombia's Insurrectionists United Nation's Fake Human Rights + Bolivarian Armed Forces #1

Colombia's Insurrectionists United Nation's Fake Human Rights + Bolivarian Armed Forces #2

And with it a lot of the countries i'm describing.

Brazil isn't the whole Latin America you know? I know you want it to be a Communist country, but that is a decision to take of all people living here, not just you.

edit: and to everybody backing up United Nations somehow is free and is allowed to stuff up and eat my fresh balls.

Last edited by Coto,

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Paraguay, Uruguay, Colombia, Perú, Bolivia, Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, all countries suffering fake Insurreccionist coups where United Nations would intervene using the "human rights international militia" to have political assistance to let United Nations to "friendly" assist and take over governments slowly through international U.N provided laws, curiously aligned with a certain political party of power enforcing and agreeing to them?

Paraguay Fake coup #1

Uruguay's Insurrectionists pro new constitution #1

Uruguay's Insurrectionists pro new constitution + Bolivarian Armed Forces #2

Uruguay's Insurrectionists pro new constitution + United Nation's fake Human Rights Insurrection #3

Uruguay's Insurrectionists United Nation's Fake Human Rights + Bolivarian Armed Forces #4

Colombia's Insurrectionists United Nation's Fake Human Rights + Bolivarian Armed Forces #1

Colombia's Insurrectionists United Nation's Fake Human Rights + Bolivarian Armed Forces #2

And with it a lot of the countries i'm describing.

Brazil isn't the whole Latin America you know? I know you want it to be a Communist country, but that is a decision to take of all people living here, not just you.
Your point is that China is taking us over or it is the "human rights militia"? It can't be both right?

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
video games are entertainment software, but okay.
What is a video game today ? Secret of Mana is great game for entertainment. Call of Duty is just racist propaganda manipulation material.
Since the entire series from Call of Duty use ID technology, I stay away from this art of ''entertainment''. And I am a big fan from Doom and Quake, but sorry no, I will not lose my humanity. And make it sense to make money with violence video games in a violence situation ? Otherwise I dont care, I know where I stand.

• Haha
Reactions: bonkmaykr

bonkmaykr

Battle Ready
Trophies
Website
bonkmaykr.xyz
XP
Country
United States
What is a video game today ? Secret of Mana is great game for entertainment. Call of Duty is just racist propaganda manipulation material.
Since the entire series from Call of Duty use ID technology, I stay away from this art of ''entertainment''. And I am a big fan from Doom and Quake, but sorry no, I will not lose my humanity. And make it sense to make money with violence video games in a violence situation ? Otherwise I dont care, I know where I stand.
First, nobody asked you what your opinion on modern video games is. That wasn't even close to the subject.

Second, just because a game series focuses on """real""" warfare doesn't make it "RACIST PROPAGANDA MANIPULATION MATERIAL" lmfao. Get out of your den, the world has changed since 1996. Stop being so sour just because other people have different tastes than you.

Boomers getting mad over what video game other people like and making fun of others is the exact kind of garbage that makes people unable to enjoy Quake anymore. If you really want people to go back to classic AFPS then stop alienating yourself.

Last edited by bonkmaykr,
  • Haha
Reactions: peter8 and Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
The epitome of personal problem.

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
First, nobody asked you what your opinion on modern video games is. That wasn't even close to the subject.

Second, just because a game series focuses on """real""" warfare doesn't make it "RACIST PROPAGANDA MANIPULATION MATERIAL" lmfao. Get out of your den, the world has changed since 1996. Stop being so sour just because other people have different tastes than you.

Boomers getting mad over what video game other people like and making fun of others is the exact kind of garbage that makes people unable to enjoy Quake anymore. If you really want people to go back to classic AFPS then stop alienating yourself.
it was 1991, go back to school :)

• Haha

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
I wish Romero had better things to do than make Doom levels. Like make new games. It feels like video gaming has few famous game directors who stay on top unless their making endless sequels to a hit franchise. Peter Moleneux too should be doing something better than half baked mobile games. Gabe doesn't even publish games anymore, let alone make them. The most notable thing Toby Gard has done post-Tomb Raider is consult on the new Tomb Raider.

bonkmaykr

Battle Ready
Trophies
Website
bonkmaykr.xyz
XP
Country
United States
I wish Romero had better things to do than make Doom levels. Like make new games. It feels like video gaming has few famous game directors who stay on top unless their making endless sequels to a hit franchise. Peter Moleneux too should be doing something better than half baked mobile games. Gabe doesn't even publish games anymore, let alone make them. The most notable thing Toby Gard has done post-Tomb Raider is consult on the new Tomb Raider.
Making new games is a pain in the rear to do and very depleting, though it would certainly be nice to see.

ah okey, this had change the world :) haha it gets better and better with you, please post more of them, its funny.
Same goes to you :)

YoureALoser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Why would anyone want to donate to Ukrainian armed forces? They're literally neo Nazis, for the last 8 years they have been killing anyone that oppose them, don't look like them, don't talk like them. They have been imprisoning the opposition party. They have been silencing news outlets. This has all been proven to be factual. Ukraine became a national security threat for Russia the second USA got involved with Ukraine. Putin was 100% correct to invade & destroy Ukraine. If USA or any other NATO member were in Russia's shoes, they would have invaded and destroyed years ago. Ukraine aren't fighting Russia for Ukrainians, Ukraine are fighting Russia for the west.

• Sad

bonkmaykr

Battle Ready
Trophies
Website
bonkmaykr.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Why would anyone want to donate to Ukrainian armed forces? They're literally neo Nazis, for the last 8 years they have been killing anyone that oppose them, don't look like them, don't talk like them. They have been imprisoning the opposition party. They have been silencing news outlets. This has all been proven to be factual. Ukraine became a national security threat for Russia the second USA got involved with Ukraine. Putin was 100% correct to invade & destroy Ukraine. If USA or any other NATO member were in Russia's shoes, they would have invaded and destroyed years ago. Ukraine aren't fighting Russia for Ukrainians, Ukraine are fighting Russia for the west.
Dude... get your head out of your ass and get your news source from a place that isn't run by CCP shills. Putin is a war criminal and a terrorist, he's flexing his power on Ukraine because he's an asshole.

Reactions: stanleyopar2000

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay