jEnesisDS 0.6

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Whoa, all my christmases have came at once!!!

And I was just getting into lameboy as well
gbasp.gif

Aladdin soundtrack FTW!
nds.gif

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hmmm.. am I the only one that cant get jEnesis to run any games?
I put a couple of .bin files in, but when I select the game I want to run, it says "loading: " but then it goes back the orignal screen... no games will load.

Should I have a differnt filetype? i dont understand..
thanks
frown.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yup.

All of my genesis roms are named xxxxxx.gen, but jEnesisDS says the rom type is bin. I haven't tested that many games yet (maybe fifteen), but all of them have worked so far. One of them did require me to fiddle with the emulator settings before it worked.

What games did you try?

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yup.

All of my genesis roms are named xxxxxx.gen, but jEnesisDS says the rom type is bin. I haven't tested that many games yet (maybe fifteen), but all of them have worked so far. One of them did require me to fiddle with the emulator settings before it worked.

What games did you try?
Sweet! I got my first game to work... aladdin
rofl2.gif

I tried sonic and knuckles 3, and sonic and knuckles 2... all bin files, no luck
frown.gif

Aladdin however is also a bin file, and great success!
laugh.gif

Hmm.. i might have to look for another rom provider, I havnt found any that are named .gen

thanks for the help
tongue.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow sound! Was this the one that won't let you resize the screen? Has that been changed in the versions before? Can't really remember the version I tried.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian: You can scale the screen vertically, but not horizontally. According to the author, there is no way to scale the screen horizontally with the hardware renderer in the display mode that the emulator needs to use.

Unscaled Genesis games look really nice on the DSL. I hate having the edges of the screen cut off, but most 15 year old Genesis game look better than most current DS games when they aren't scaled down.

Shaun: I didn't actually test S&K, I just read that it didn't work. Maybe it works by itself, but not in combination with other Sonic roms. I'll test it.

Edit: I tested S&K, S&K with Sonic 1, S&K with Sonic 2, and S&K with Sonic 3. S&K loaded and ran just fine. S&K with Sonic 1 loaded, but it just gave me a splash screen with various Sonic characters that had "NO WAY!" scrolling across the top (I can't remember if this is normal or not). S&K with Sonic 2 and 3 failed to load at all, probably because they are both over 3MB.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeah sonic and knuckles by itself works awesomely, aswell as sonic and knuckles + sonic 1. But as soon as you get the sonic and knuckles 2 and 3 rom it doesnt want to work.

but who cares when you have sound!!!!!
biggrin.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Heh I remember stacking sonic and game genies up but I did that one already. Yeah sonic 1 did nothing with the S&K other than the screen as I recall.

As for Aladdin was it not ported to both the SNES and GBA?

Now I am awake and running around it looks like it is time to test.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh I remember stacking sonic and game genies up but I did that one already. Yeah sonic 1 did nothing with the S&K other than the screen as I recall.

As for Aladdin was it not ported to both the SNES and GBA?

Now I am awake and running around it looks like it is time to test.
The SNES & GBA Aladdin was by Capcom and was a bit different and not as good for me.

The Megadrive/Genesis one was by Virgin, they also ported it to many other systems but the only one on a Nintendo console was the GBC game. They also did many other great Disney games, shame they're not around to do them instead of THQ. Try Jungle Book or Lion King.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The SNES & GBA Aladdin was by Capcom and was a bit different and not as good for me.

The Megadrive/Genesis one was by Virgin, they also ported it to many other systems but the only one on a Nintendo console was the GBC game. They also did many other great Disney games, shame they're not around to do them instead of THQ. Try Jungle Book or Lion King.

It was many years since I played the megadrive version when I played the others so the differences did not strike me. As for the other ports you mentioned the entire reason I learnt DOS commands in the first place was for junglebook (that and primary school existed on old BT machines not able to do much else).

@Destructobot I vaguely recall that picture, I suppose the difference was mine worked. I also just remembered the hack to add knuckles in (moves and everything) link below.

Game suggestions that thread took most of them (except perhaps phantasy star 3, I did not like that one). Also 1,2 and 3 appeared on the GBA although the sound was slightly tweaked.

Here is my list of roms I have for the xbox emus (the sonic 1 version is a hack), a good deal of these appeared on the GBA though:
Golden Axe (JUE) (REV 01) [h1].bin
Golden Axe II (JUE) [!].bin
Ninja Gaiden (JUE) [b1].bin
Phantasy Star II (UE) (REV 02) [o1].bin
phantasy_star4.bin
Revenge of Shinobi, The (JUE) (REV 01) [R-USA][!].bin
Shining Force (U) [o2].bin
Shining in the Darkness (U) [!].bin
Shinobi 3 - Return of the Ninja Master (U) [!].bin
Sonic 1 Spindash.bin
Sonic and Knuckles & Sonic 1 (JUE) [!].bin
Sonic and Knuckles & Sonic 2 (JUE) [!].bin
Sonic and Knuckles & Sonic 3 (JUE) [!].bin
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (JUE) [!].bin
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (U) [!].bin
Streets of Rage (JUE) (REV 00) [!].bin
Streets of Rage 2 (JE) [!].bin
Streets of Rage 3 (U) [!].bin
Sword of Vermilion (U) [!].bin
Zombies (ate my neighbours) (E) [!].bin

Also if you like old RPGs the genesis had some fantastic ones and their have been many translations lately (the SNES has been largely done now)
Hacks (normally hard mode and the like):
http://www.romhacking.net/?genre=&platform...&title=&author=
Translations:
http://www.romhacking.net/?genre=&platform...&title=&author=

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: DO THE MATH!!! lol