Hardware Japanese/English Hardware

Seccom Masada

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey, I was thinking of buying a Kingdom Hearts special edition 3DS (Japanese) and swapping the motherboards with my ambassador teal American one, so I get the cool look without changing anything else. Would there be any compatibility issues, wiring, whatever, that would prevent this? I wouldn't think so, but I figured I'd ask. The only difference would be the screens, and I doubt those are region-locked :P

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica

Seccom Masada

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's what I'm gonna buy, yeah, the KH3DS special edition. I'm just pretty sure I can't transfer my NA, ambassador-status DS to the J mobo via the system menu and suddenly play NA version games on it, so I'm just swapping the guts instead, making it an NA version 3DS with a KH case. This should, I think, work.

Unless they're gonna release an NA KH special edition in the states, I don't know how likely that'll be...

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
I remember doing this with GameCube memory cards so that I could have silver memory cards to match my GC colour, but with larger storage capacity. This sounds like a slightly larger job, though ;-) Good luck, but I wouldn't write off the chances of a localized KH: Special Edition 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Microsoft is worth 3.2 Trillion according to Google lol