Hacking Jailbreaking PS3, dumping purchased PSN games

tubebar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just purchased a Slim PS3 CECH-2501B that came with OFW 355. I guess people were buying this to have 355 but I didn't care either way. I've been looking at YouTube vids and reading, and still just as confused as ever.

Basically what I want to do is to update to 4.84 OFW, login and download all my purchased PSN (I have a lot), then install CFW and dump those games so I can use them on any CFW. Not everything I own is available on PNSL and other places. I have no clue how to do this part? Then keep the system offline w/ rebug (it was the CFW I used a long time ago and seemed to be the best).

The only CFW I could find for 484 was some hybrid stuff, I used rebug in the past. It's been ages since I had a hacked PS3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I guess people were buying this to have 355 but I didn't care either way
You can't officially sell consoles on eBay with CFW, not only is 3.55 a keyword for and proof of supporting CFW, but installing CFW on 3.55 and under is still easier than on newer versions :)

Use the PSDLE browser extension (on the PS Store website on your PC) to get direct download links to the packages for content you own;

If you're still on 3.55 just install a 4.84 CFW (and Webman Mod or PSNpatch, with their "disable CFW" features required to go online with greatly reduced ban risk), use said feature, sign in, activate your console and download all your original games (+ licenses, which will be in RIF format which is tied to your activation and console's IDPS) - you will also be able to backup your rifs, act.dat, and IDPS

(If you have updated you will need to update to the hybrid 4.84/82 and use the "PS3Xploit Flash Writer", only after that you will be able to install 4.84 CFW and do as above)

Once you have all of the above (or, for that matter, if you want more detailed instructions on getting them) check out the guide on NoPayStation's website on converting licenses to the RAP format, which cannot be directly used but is console and account independent (so any console with access to CFW, the package file, and its matching RAP will be able to install and run said content regardless of any online/PSN access at all)

tubebar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you Ryccardo, now at least I am moving in the right direction. I was looking at YouTube and was more confused then where I started from. GBAtemp is the place to go, I should have figured that one out.

That's exactly what I want to do, covert games to rap format. Just not sure how I do that stuff quite yet but I'll google.

Now for the easy question - The PS3 Slim is on 3.55 OFW, I actually bought it from an Amazon seller so no need for that hybrid stuff which I really don't want. So how do I jailbreak and update 355 OFW to 484 CFW? Everywhere I look no one mentions 355 anymore except for downgrading. So rebug 4.84.1 would work fine? How do I update to that? I did jailbreak a 355 many years ago but forget how I did it (sadly I sold it) but I recall I had to JB first and then I installed CFW.

I'll work on googling most of this, unless there happens to be a guide?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle