Iwata/Reggie- 3DS will cost more than DS/DSi

monopoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinect is more of a rip-off on the PS Eye Toy but of course being a Nintendo fanboy you assume every company rips off Nintendo.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
it is acceptable for me if it is ranged from 200-250USD
tongue.gif

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
monopoman said:
...of course being a Nintendo fanboy you assume every company rips off Nintendo.

OHHHHH SORRY.

Fresh out of troll feed
tongue.gif

QUOTE(Aeladya @ Jun 19 2010, 07:07 PM) It's going to cost at LEAST $250 if not $300. Games will probably cost about $40-50 at least because of the hardware capabilities.

I beg to differ...$40 is the price of normal DS "DO WANT" games..Chrono Trigger DS was the first DS game to breach the $30 price by making it $40 i think..and all the other damn company's jumped on board....and $40 became the normal GOOD DS game price...only the shitty shovelware titles still remain to be $30

it will be more than $40...most likely $50...

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
It has also been mentioned by Michael Pachter that Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime told him that the 3DS hardware costs "a lot more" to produce than DSi hardware and that they don't intend to lose money on it to offer it at a lower price.

lol Michael Patcher. If that moron says it will cost a lot more, you can bet it won't cost a lot more. This guy's wrong more often than a stopped watch.

QUOTE(stanleyopar2000 @ Jun 19 2010, 07:54 PM) .Chrono Trigger DS was the first DS game to breach the $30 price by making it $40 i think..

Nah, it was FF3. And then it was pretty much any big Squeenix title that went for that price. If other companies have since jumped to $40, that's news to me, but I haven't bought a DS game in a long time.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stanleyopar2000 said:
...$40 is the price of normal DS "DO WANT" games..Chrono Trigger DS was the first DS game to breach the $30 price by making it $40 i think..and all the other damn company's jumped on board....and $40 became the normal GOOD DS game price...only the shitty shovelware titles still remain to be $30

it will be more than $40...most likely $50...

no, it really wasn't, I paid $40 for FF3 and that was released two years before CT DS in the USA. and I didn't even pay $40 at release, I paid $40 in the summer of 2008 when I bought my DS Lite because FFTA2 was released as well. (this was not my first DS purchase, for the record)

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I highly doubt it'll be $300. I have a feeling the upper limit is $250. Hm, though I have no idea whatsoever the 3D LCD would cost. Knowing Nintendo they've waited until it's at least semi-affordable before making anything with it though.

cotyboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I really wish it wont go over $300 cause the new games that will come with will surely be pricey, and it could take a long time before a compatible flashcart will be released

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If I will buy I'll import it.. the USD prise will be the same here but in Euro's..

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
syko5150 said:
i say the 3DS will cost $230-$300 and the games are $40 each

no way...like I said before...$40 is the price of good NORMAL DS game.

a 3D fan begged exclusive (OOT remake, Starfox 64 remake, Kid Icarus, etc) won't cost $30...they know you will pay more

and I think maybe it was FF3 or 4 DS that broke the $30 price range

D

Deleted User

i'd say the console would be $348 (fake dollars.)

and the games would be $0 thanks to the R3DS

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
stanleyopar2000 said:
syko5150 said:
i say the 3DS will cost $230-$300 and the games are $40 each

no way...like I said before...$40 is the price of good NORMAL DS game.

a 3D fan begged exclusive (OOT remake, Starfox 64 remake, Kid Icarus, etc) won't cost $30...they know you will pay more

and I think maybe it was FF3 or 4 DS that broke the $30 price range

nice point there bro. have a look on the gamestop website, who do sell games at retail price. you'll only notice most new games are under 30. out of 798 titles, only 35 are over the $30 mark. most of those games are either big name nintendo or square enix titles. nintendo titles being $35, mario kart, zelda, pokemon being $40 due to the pokewalker. only few games are actually $40, and if a game is, it'll either be a game with an accessory like pokewalker or the GH strap thing or a square enix game. which even then, square enix doesnt have that many at $40.

eife

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Gwaith said:
I really can't imagine it being only slightly more expensive than an DSiXL. I mean it has much more Processing power + the 3D "Gimmick" and is supposed to be a completely new Console and not just a DS Upgrade.

Of course I'd be more than glad if this was the case.

because, IMO, the DSI XL is far overpriced....
the hardware is very old now, the developpement cost can't be taken in consideration...

anyway, don't care about the price without knowing much more about the hardware : if it's only capable of doing as a PSP, 250$ would be a max for me. If it does more.... why not pay more?

Gus122000

Trophies
XP
Country
Keep this in mind: "in terms of the production costs, it will cost more than the costs for the Nintendo DS today." He didn't say it would cost more than the retail price of the NDS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work