Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Didn't the SALT team release (v*)hax and supermysterychunkhax? Have they hyped up fake exploits in the past? (I'm asking that because I legitimately don't know.)
KARL3DS/SALT was something they were working on but it turned out to be vaporware because they kept everything private.
They have released hax entrypoints since then (at least shinyquagsire has)
However what makes me worry is not that, but the fact that they are against piracy. IOSU is something that will be incredibly useful for piracy and I'm worried they will either lock it down so much that it's almost useless or just not release it at all out of the fear that despite their efforts it will still be used for piracy.
I was half joking with my original post though.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KARL3DS/SALT was something they were working on but it turned out to be vaporware because they kept everything private.
However what makes me worry is not that, but the fact that they are against piracy. IOSU is something that will be incredibly useful for piracy and I'm worried they will either lock it down so much that it's almost useless or just not release it at all out of the fear that despite their efforts it will still be used for piracy.
Alright, that makes sense. At this point I am incredibly doubtful an IOSU exploit will be released to the public any time soon, if at all.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Wulfy said that there WILL be a release though. At the point where everything loads unsigned, and that things known to work under loadiine will work right away, I don't see how this could be locked down.

We can pirate already anyway.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Wulfy said that there WILL be a release though. At the point where everything loads unsigned, and that things known to work under loadiine will work right away, I don't see how this could be locked down.

We can pirate already anyway.
Really? When did he say that? I must have missed it.
Regardless, I'm not inclined to trust anything team SALT says, for obvious reasons.

Jay Clay

Trophies
XP
Country
Really? When did he say that? I must have missed it.
Regardless, I'm not inclined to trust anything team SALT says, for obvious reasons.

I wonder why you keep talking about how you untrust team salt, and also why you keep asking about sources, pretty sure you already saw their post here in gbatemp about this, they already have 2 month working on tools for iosuhax for 5.5.1, they don't want hype people, so they won't make a shitstorm panic here, get it or keep your hopes on 5.3.2, thats it.

Reactions: 7Robins and CJB100

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder why you keep talking about how you untrust team salt, and also why you keep asking about sources, pretty sure you already saw their post here in gbatemp about this, they already have 2 month working on tools for iosuhax for 5.5.1, they don't want hype people, so they won't make a shitstorm panic here, get it or keep your hopes on 5.3.2, thats it.
Are you talking about the tools Smea released?
https://github.com/smealum/iosuhax
It even says in the repository:
Exactly. Working "on tools for IOSU" is complete bullshit. There are already perfectly good, working tools.
I don't know anything about the salt team, just pointing that out.

Reactions: Logan Pockrus

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Uh? This is the first time I'm asking for "sources", and the first time I've said I don't trust them, so where did you get that from? I was just curious cause I honestly didn't know he had said that.

Jay Clay

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you talking about the tools Smea released?
https://github.com/smealum/iosuhax
It even says in the repository:

actually I am on my phone and I screw with the quote stuff reply XD but basically here its is.

WulfyStylez said:
The actual exploit we'll release with has been done and working about 2ish months actually. The work that's being done right now includes building solid tools for homebrew devs and power users, ensuring everything is as easy as possible for end-users (think hackmii installer), reducing brick risk to zero, and loads of polish. We've got a lot of Surprise Features™ that we'd like to have ready for launch too, but we'll hype those up closer to that time.
There's a pretty big heap of work left to do (particularly concerning brand new things that are being RE'd and implemented from scratch, but also accessibility/UX stuff), but once everything's closing in on being finished you'll know.

In the meantime, I again encourage people to try building homebrew using wut and to help expand the capabilities of their library with PRs. If you create some cool rpx-based homebrew that you'd like to have in a showcase sort of thing, you should get in contact and shoot us a github link.
Anything built with wut and working under loadiine will be directly compatible with our hax and will be launchable directly from the home menu. HB on our hax will have maxed permissions and such of course, but the loadiine environment is enough to test the majority of homebrew games, emulators, and etc.

That's all for the time being! Thanks in advance to anyone who contributes.

Flux0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Until something comes out, there is no news.

Go cover the Vita scene. Stuff didn't get teased for months then never come out. It got made, it got announced, then it got released 24 hours later.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually I am on my phone and I screw with the quote stuff reply XD but basically here its is.

WulfyStylez said:
The actual exploit we'll release with has been done and working about 2ish months actually. The work that's being done right now includes building solid tools for homebrew devs and power users, ensuring everything is as easy as possible for end-users (think hackmii installer), reducing brick risk to zero, and loads of polish. We've got a lot of Surprise Features™ that we'd like to have ready for launch too, but we'll hype those up closer to that time.
There's a pretty big heap of work left to do (particularly concerning brand new things that are being RE'd and implemented from scratch, but also accessibility/UX stuff), but once everything's closing in on being finished you'll know.

In the meantime, I again encourage people to try building homebrew using wut and to help expand the capabilities of their library with PRs. If you create some cool rpx-based homebrew that you'd like to have in a showcase sort of thing, you should get in contact and shoot us a github link.
Anything built with wut and working under loadiine will be directly compatible with our hax and will be launchable directly from the home menu. HB on our hax will have maxed permissions and such of course, but the loadiine environment is enough to test the majority of homebrew games, emulators, and etc.

That certainly is interesting. Let's hope he stays true to his word.

Reactions: CJB100

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

WulfyStylez said:

Regardless of what is said/teased hear this post is full of great advice!

I especially love the development part. Anything built with wut and works with Loadiine will only contribute to what we already have regardless of wether or not an IOSU hax is released.

Reactions: CJB100

CJB100

Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn we got some whiney ass children on here. Take whatever the f*** you get and stfu if you aren't going to contribute, good lord.

You can already pirate and you can already do SO much on vWii. IOSU is like #triggered for gbatards. You keep whining about IOSU, but what would you actually do if it got released? Hm? Wait on others to program cool toys for you? What if no one did? Oh ya, you'd keep whining.

Sorry I know this is a shitpost, but I DESPISE negativity. I won't try and force people to be happy, but if all you want to do is bitch, I will outbitch you, promise. -headdesk-

Clearly the best thing to do when developers are promising a release is to call them liars and hypocrites. Hey, did you know Team Twiizers was also against piracy?

Sorry I know this keeps going on but wtf is Kafluke the only person in this topic who can actually answer a frikin OP straight and without being or becoming an ass?

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn we got some whiney ass children on here. Take whatever the f*** you get and stfu if you aren't going to contribute, good lord.

You can already pirate and you can already do SO much on vWii. IOSU is like #triggered for gbatards. You keep whining about IOSU, but what would you actually do if it got released? Hm? Wait on others to program cool toys for you? What if no one did? Oh ya, you'd keep whining.

Sorry I know this is a shitpost, but I DESPISE negativity. I won't try and force people to be happy, but if all you want to do is bitch, I will outbitch you, promise. -headdesk-

Clearly the best thing to do when developers are promising a release is to call them liars and hypocrites. Hey, did you know Team Twiizers was also against piracy?

Sorry I know this keeps going on but wtf is Kafluke the only person in this topic who can actually answer a frikin OP straight and without being or becoming an ass?
I didn't know I was an being ass...:cry:

(But to be fair, I didn't really answer the OP....)

Last edited by Logan Pockrus,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I dread the price point.