Hardware Issue with Direct Store, everything is compatible, correct W10 version, but still not enabled.

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Cacho From what I have read and what I can only guess that may be your problem, do you get this message 'BypasIO not supported due to driver. ngscan'? If so, you could try the solution mentioned here or the others mentioned in the second link. You may have to change the c:\ to whatever drive letter you have for your SSD. Hopefully it will be that and a fix for you. If it is, you'll probably have to reboot your pc with your av disabled and see if the verification now passes.

https://www.elevenforum.com/t/directstorage-error.12092/
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...e-drives/b45f6db6-a41f-494d-bf3f-cd77063c1c12

If not, maybe check and see if there any firmware updates for your SSD or that it is a known issue.

Last edited by ILuvGames,
Reactions: Cacho

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I just checked my 10 and 11 22h2 systems and both report the same issue, I'm going to try updating the 11 manually tomorrow to see if that fixes it.

Cacho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello.😉

Do you have an NVMe SSD support PCIe 3.0 or up, 4.0 or higher is recommended.
3rd gen, yes. Even shows as compatible. But it’s not working.
Post automatically merged:

I just checked my 10 and 11 22h2 systems and both report the same issue, I'm going to try updating the 11 manually tomorrow to see if that fixes it.
Please let me know, if there is no other option, I will upgrade to 11.

@Cacho From what I have read and what I can only guess that may be your problem, do you get this message 'BypasIO not supported due to driver. ngscan'? If so, you could try the solution mentioned here or the others mentioned in the second link. You may have to change the c:\ to whatever drive letter you have for your SSD. Hopefully it will be that and a fix for you. If it is, you'll probably have to reboot your pc with your av disabled and see if the verification now passes.

https://www.elevenforum.com/t/directstorage-error.12092/
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...e-drives/b45f6db6-a41f-494d-bf3f-cd77063c1c12

If not, maybe check and see if there any firmware updates for your SSD or that it is a known issue.
everything checks out, drives and graphics are compatible and recognized as such BUT it says the version of windows is not copatible with it, even if the OS build version should be compatible, that's the only issue.

Last edited by Cacho,
Reactions: ILuvGames

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Update:

I manually updated both systems using the latest W10 (22H2)/11(23H2) isos, my W10 desktop still says it's not supported whilst my W11 laptop says it is.

I would suggest making a full system image of the drive before upgrading, to allow for easy restores.

Cacho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Update:

I manually updated both systems using the latest W10 (22H2)/11(23H2) isos, my W10 desktop still says it's not supported whilst my W11 laptop says it is.

I would suggest making a full system image of the drive before upgrading, to allow for easy restores.
I am trying to update, but it does not give me the option to keep everythig, only my files. I want to keep apps and configuration and files, is there a way to do this?

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I am trying to update, but it does not give me the option to keep everythig, only my files. I want to keep apps and configuration and files, is there a way to do this?

To clarify, this is what you're seeing?
https://www.ubackup.com/screenshot/...t/keep-personal-files-and-apps-greyed-out.png

Not sure, how are you upgrading? In my case I created an iso, extracted it and ran setup from there.

Apparently there are different potential causes, including different install locations, language/keyboard settings and a dodgy update:
https://www.ubackup.com/articles/keep-personal-files-and-apps-greyed-out-0025-rc.html

Again, backup before doing anything.

Cacho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
To clarify, this is what you're seeing?
https://www.ubackup.com/screenshot/...t/keep-personal-files-and-apps-greyed-out.png

Not sure, how are you upgrading? In my case I created an iso, extracted it and ran setup from there.

Apparently there are different potential causes, including different install locations, language/keyboard settings and a dodgy update:
https://www.ubackup.com/articles/keep-personal-files-and-apps-greyed-out-0025-rc.html

Again, backup before doing anything.
yes! the exact same thing you mention! I also tried an iso, but it tells me, when booting from it, that the only way to do the update is to do it inside windows, but, then it won't let me.

So, thanks everyone, I updated to Windows 11, but, I got a new issue is there any way to fix this new thing? This is my drive. If I am reading correctly, either de the driver or the drive is not compatible.

Last edited by Cacho,

Cacho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well, I updated the BIOS and the Chipset drivers, but nothing, the issue remain the same. I give up. Thanks to everyone that replied!

• Sad
Reactions: Alexander1970

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I updated the BIOS and the Chipset drivers, but nothing, the issue remain the same. I give up. Thanks to everyone that replied!
According to what you attached the service 'eamonm.sys' is a part of Eset Antivirus. If that service is blocking bypasIO, then can you try disabling it or temporarily uninstalling it and see if passes then.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
According to what you attached the service 'eamonm.sys' is a part of Eset Antivirus. If that service is blocking bypasIO, then can you try disabling it or temporarily uninstalling it and see if passes then.

I would recommend permanently uninstalling Eset and any other 3rd party AV. Nothing more is needed than Windows built-in security. (unless someone wants to run a 3rd party gui like windows firewall control or similar over top of the built-in firewall for superior & easier control).

I would also highly recommend backing up necessary files and doing a complete clean install of Win11 rather than installing over top of Win10. An "in place" update to an entirely new OS is pretty much asking for problems sooner than later. ;)

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I would recommend permanently uninstalling Eset and any other 3rd party AV. Nothing more is needed than Windows built-in security. (unless someone wants to run a 3rd party gui like windows firewall control or similar over top of the built-in firewall for superior & easier control).

I would also highly recommend backing up necessary files and doing a complete clean install of Win11 rather than installing over top of Win10. An "in place" update to an entirely new OS is pretty much asking for problems sooner than later. ;)

From what I've read, Defender does still have some issues so may not be a full 100% replacement depending on one's needs/wants e.g. worse ransomware detection. So I'd be careful solely relying on it e.g. have a free one for scanning, especially if you deal with warez, etc.

That said, Eset does seem to be worse at general malware detection as well as literally breaking something.

Reactions: Cacho and ILuvGames

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Cuz I joined this site to follow ds game translations