Hacking issue with dios mios usb loader

unknownmaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to play paper mario 2 using dios mios 2.10 but I keep having a video problem: there are two black bars on the screen. The game itself stretches full screen but some visual effects and et cetera are limited inside the "square". Here is how it looks:
24vv093.jpg

I have cIOS d2x 52 installed, and Smash Bros. Melee runs perfectly fine.
please help

EDIT: I've installed the nintendont app on my SD card, but when I run it through the HBC I get "failed to load kernel from nand". The common solution to this problem was to install IOS58, but do I still have to install ios58 if my HBC runs on ios61?

EDIT2: Okay I actually went ahead and installed ios58 and I must say Nintendont fixes the issue! Thank you!

Last edited by unknownmaster,

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to play paper mario 2 using dios mios 2.10 but I keep having a video problem: there are two black bars on the screen. The game itself stretches full screen but some visual effects and et cetera are limited inside the "square". Here is how it looks:
24vv093.jpg

I have cIOS d2x 52 installed, and Smash Bros. Melee runs perfectly fine.
please help
The widescreen hack for DM is about as good as it can get with the limitations of the GameCube "mode", at least without directly modifying the game yourself. Have you checked out Nintendont? It has much better widescreen support, though I'm not sure how much better it is for PMTYD.

Reactions: unknownmaster

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
nintendont has the same issue than DM with this game, which is not designed to be displayed in 16:9
the hack is forcing the game to display more picture on the screen which are used to "pre-load graphic elements before they come in the displayed area", so you will see clippings and disappearing/appearing objects or background, etc.

You said using nintendont fixed your issue, but maybe you just didn't enable Widescreen hack so you don't see the pre-load effect.
Well, if you found how to play it and are happy with your setting, that's what's important :)

Reactions: unknownmaster

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast