Hacking Is updating (install ios) necessary for game playing?

poshiwii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a 3.3uv1 system. According to my understanding, the game will try to load ios on the system first. If it can not find the required ios, the game will try to load ios from system update partition at the disc.

So if I don't have the corresponding ios at the system and i run the game from the disc, it will be fine.

But it won't be fine and will turn to black screen, if i run the game using usb loader, because the usb loader will delete the system update partition and only load the data partition.

So updating new ios is necessary for usb loader, but not necessary for disc loader. Am I correct?

Thanks.

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
No, it will first see if the IOS'sare on your system or the system menu. If the IOS's or system menu aren't there (so they are older versions or not yet installed), it will require an update using the disc before you can run it.

The easy way is to install all the updated IOS's yourself using Dop IOS or just extract a 4.1 update and install all those IOS's. Then just patch the update or run it through Gecko OS and you don't have to worry.

As long as the necessary IOS your running it off is there (like cIOS36 rev10, cIOS38 rev14, in short, either the IOS in spot 249 or the one in 202), your fine in the USB Loader.

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's only necessary for running original games from the disk channel.

USB and Backup loaders will load the game with cIOS (IOS249), so as long as you have that you should be fine.

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
piratesmack said:

USB and Backup loaders will load the game with cIOS (IOS249), so as long as you have that you should be fine.

Doesn't the Hermes loader run of 202 though?? So for a few situations, you might need that. But yeah, the original IOS's aren't needed. And if they load, your in trouble anyway.

poshiwii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
piratesmack said:

Is that true? I think cIOS (IOS249) is only for the loader. After the loader loading the game, the loader is actually closed. And the game will ask for ios which is required for that game. By reading the information on the data partition of the game, you can tell which ios the game required.

That is my understanding, so please correct me, if I am wrong.

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
No it runs the game off the IOS in the USB Loader. Its why you can't load Brawl using the rev14 version but you can in the 10 and 13b for sure (14 breaks dual layer support). So the game actually runs off a different IOS.

If a new IOS loads, it temporarily shuts of the USB drive so the game freezes. Thats the IOS reload issue. The dol fix is the current way around it.

poshiwii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
illinialex24 said:
No it runs the game off the IOS in the USB Loader. Its why you can't load Brawl using the rev14 version but you can in the 10 and 13b for sure (14 breaks dual layer support). So the game actually runs off a different IOS.

If a new IOS loads, it temporarily shuts of the USB drive so the game freezes. Thats the IOS reload issue. The dol fix is the current way around it.

wow, thank you for correcting me. Many thanks.

Another question. I had a game dragon ball loading issue. It freezes during the intro video. I switched between 249 and 202. No one works. So I guess the reason maybe the version of 249. I had v14 installed.

And when you say IOS relaod issue, do you mean the game sports resort. I heard you have to run another dol first to see some intro movie.

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh ok, was this a region patched game or what??

There are two varieties.
For examples, one is like Wii D'Absolu Metroid Prime 2: Dark Echoes. If its patched to NTSC, it no longer has an opening video and so the game freezes there. The fix is to burn a disc with the ISO and have it in Japanese past the loading screen and then continue or start the game till it freezes, copy over a pre-made save file overwriting yours and then continue.

OR

Wii Sports Resort, which causes an IOS reload issue from what I hear.

poshiwii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
illinialex24 said:
Oh ok, was this a region patched game or what??

There are two varieties.
For examples, one is like Wii D'Absolu Metroid Prime 2: Dark Echoes. If its patched to NTSC, it no longer has an opening video and so the game freezes there. The fix is to burn a disc with the ISO and have it in Japanese past the loading screen and then continue or start the game till it freezes, copy over a pre-made save file overwriting yours and then continue.

OR

Wii Sports Resort, which causes an IOS reload issue from what I hear.

The game is Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3. It is not a new game, pretty old one.

I don't think it is a region patched game. I download it as a ciso file and load it from usb loader gx. It shows that the region is ntsc-u.
For the setting of usb loader gx, i turned on the error 2 fix and force it to ntsc.
BTW, i run other games with usb loader gx fine. So do you think it probably is because of the version of 249? Or the ciso is broken.
Thanks,

tanis698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
illinialex24 said:

hmm super smash brothers brawl works for me using usb loader gx and ciosrev14 and it is a full copy off my own game.

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
tanis698 said:
illinialex24 said:

hmm super smash brothers brawl works for me using usb loader gx and ciosrev14 and it is a full copy off my own game.

It will work but the Subspace won't, I should have clarified that. The subspace and the VC games are on the second layer, so if you are using cIOS38 rev14, you need something else to work the subspace.

poshiwii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
illinialex24 said:
I honestly haven't tried this disc, does it give a green screen?

It freezes during the introduction video. And then if I touch any button, it becomes black screen and I have to restart the system.

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a save file for the game?? Chances are this is an IOS reload issue.

Try loading a burned disc first, start a game, then try the USB Loader (like Wii Sports). If not, we might have to do some other stuff.

poshiwii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
illinialex24 said:
Do you have a save file for the game?? Chances are this is an IOS reload issue.

Try loading a burned disc first, start a game, then try the USB Loader (like Wii Sports). If not, we might have to do some other stuff.

Thanks.

MEwii44

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so once again... how exactly do we get around this issue with super smash brothers? I keep getting the black screen at start up on usbloader gx r811

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: