Is there still a working DNS to block Nintendo updates for 3DS?

bjaxx87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi there,

it seems the well established DNS servers 168.235.092.108 + 081.004.127.020 are both down. Is there any alternative?

If not, can someone tell me what URLs to block in my router? I already tried the following ones but an update nag made it through.

nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net
nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
c.shop.nintendowifi.net
cbvc.nintendo.net
cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net

bjaxx87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a Franken-NAND to use Gateway and Luma at the same time. System settings show that I'm on 11.17.0-50 and online play works fine but I still get the nag which in the past was always blocked by the DNS.

So I'm simply wondering which URLs I have to block to get my own perfect setup. The ones above apparently aren't enough.

Disclaimer: Yes, I know I'm in a minority and it's always suggested to just use Luma and not some age-old flashcart. I just like the convenience of a simple drag-and-drop ROM cart next to my main CFW (Luma).

Tokiwa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a Franken-NAND to use Gateway and Luma at the same time. System settings show that I'm on 11.17.0-50 and online play works fine but I still get the nag which in the past was always blocked by the DNS.

So I'm simply wondering which URLs I have to block to get my own perfect setup. The ones above apparently aren't enough.

Disclaimer: Yes, I know I'm in a minority and it's always suggested to just use Luma and not some age-old flashcart. I just like the convenience of a simple drag-and-drop ROM cart next to my main CFW (Luma).
Maybe try deleting the update files with FBI? If you blocked the servers after you got the nag i don't think the nag will remove by itself.

FBI > Pending Titles

Not sure if what you're trying to do will work, as far i know there is a "connection test" the 3DS does with nintendo servers before allowing your device use the internet. Most likely you won't be able to do anything online unless you pass that test, unless there is a patch or homebrew that bypass that test (like how people do with the Switch) that i'm unware of.

Last edited by Tokiwa,
Reactions: bjaxx87

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol