ROM Hack Is there something wrong with my save or the editor?

Nasz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got my switch hacked and wanted to edit a few things in splatoon 2. I didn't do anything crazy, I just edited the chunks, tickets, and gave me gear that was amiibo exclusive. When I restored my save and played the game, it started as if I never played the game before. I have over 1000 hours into and not sure why it does this. I did this before but many months ago so not sure if I messed up something or if the save editor deleted the save itself even though that changes I originally made were still there. I used splathex just for clarification and it is the latest version. Any help would be nice.

MiniBuizel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's an ongoing issue with the latest version of Splatoon 2. Version 4.3.1 uses new encryption methods that make the save file unstable when loaded into SplatHex. Some have used Splathex with the latest version of Splatoon 2 and reported success, while others are having the same issue as you. We won't see an updated version of Splathex for at least another week or so. I would suggest to re-inject and see if it brings the save back. It's very important you keep a backup of your save in case anything goes wrong.

Nasz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info. Wasn't sure what was happening. I tried backing up my save before but I messed up and backed up the messeed save onto my backup instead of restoring. Its fine though, I'll try to see if I can get it to work.

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hacked my switch as well.

When loading my save file into splathex I get an "invalid HMAC" error. Doesn't sound like this is the same as your issue, but I ha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since