PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
ok, I went ahead and tested the latest Daedalus release (R13) on my PSP, to clear things up here.

Super Mario 64:
Without sound, I would get a full 30 FPS is less complicated areas, but once in a level, it would drop to around 15-20 FPS. The lowest I had was around 10FPS. Enabling sound didn't really hurt performance that much. It might have dropped 2-3 FPS, but that was about it.

Zelda:
Much, much worse. Once I was able to walk around the village, even without sound, I'd only get about 5-10 FPS. At best, it would hover around 8-10 FPS. Enabling sound would either drop it to 2-5 FPS, or in one case, kill the emulation altogether.

Also, graphical glitches make it hard to play in some spots. Namely, the areas where the background is just a still image. (like the very start in your house)

Smash Bros.:
Runs surprisingly well. Kept a frame rate of around 18-25 FPS most of the time. It would even get up around 50-60 FPS when there wasn't much going on. Again, enabling sound only dropped it around 3 FPS.

As for PSPTube, it's decent on speed. Watching videos goes quick enough, but downloading a full video can take a long time.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
YES you can browse youtube on your PSP. And YES it's SLOW AS FUCK. (but still uber-cool)
You must have either an ancient version or shitty wireless internet. It's very fast, just a few seconds to download some and it'll be downloading faster than it plays. (Obviously not for Stage6 though)
QUOTE said:
So for real : YES it does run N64 roms. YES a lot of them are running at 5 FPS. YES you can enable sound, and the sound almost always works... At 2 FPS.
Not 5 or 2 FPS. SM64 is tolerable with sound, Smash Brothers is pretty slow but still tolerable without sound. I think you're the one without a PSP.
Right. And your PSP also brews coffee. Look, be a nice little fanboi and go bash zewarrior or crygor in another thread if you want, these are the results I found on my PSP phat, and I'm standing by them.

You're both wrong in an aspect. The PSP browser isn't slow. And SM64 Is pretty fast. BTW Hitto you're example is insulting.
Well... You *are* the local scapegoat
happy.gif

EN!GMA

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
... for real?

Maybe I'm deluded but PSP has a waaay better homebrew scene compared to DS.

First off psp has gba emulation (Flashcart has), arcade emulation up to cps-2 (it could probably handle cps-3), perfect snes emulation(Flashcart has near perfect), n64 emulation (i think)(With 3 FPS), and thats just skimming the surface
Oh, and not to mention mugen (basically an open-character fighting engine) is being ported to psp

If you want homebrew, get a psp, just keep in mind that most psp games suck

Comments.

lol SNES emulation on ds licks nuts for lack of a better expression, whereas its perfect on psp. plus you dont have to buy a slot-2 solution to emulate gba on a psp

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
YES you can browse youtube on your PSP. And YES it's SLOW AS FUCK. (but still uber-cool)
You must have either an ancient version or shitty wireless internet. It's very fast, just a few seconds to download some and it'll be downloading faster than it plays. (Obviously not for Stage6 though)
So for real : YES it does run N64 roms. YES a lot of them are running at 5 FPS. YES you can enable sound, and the sound almost always works... At 2 FPS.
Not 5 or 2 FPS. SM64 is tolerable with sound, Smash Brothers is pretty slow but still tolerable without sound. I think you're the one without a PSP.
Right. And your PSP also brews coffee. Look, be a nice little fanboi and go bash zewarrior or crygor in another thread if you want, these are the results I found on my PSP phat, and I'm standing by them.

You're both wrong in an aspect. The PSP browser isn't slow. And SM64 Is pretty fast. BTW Hitto you're example is insulting.
Well... You *are* the local scapegoat
happy.gif

Is that supposed to be a compliment >_

S

scubersteve

Holy crap this grew...
For the compressing PSX isos, use whatever gui/command prompt use. It should tell you how in the read me.

My PSP (or what WAS mine) wasn't able to make coffee, but I DID at one pont attatch a fan >.>

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
also, those that say that psp games suck clearly don't own a psp...
I have a PSP, I'm going to buy a Slim in the future and I can say that the PSP games really suck.

I only played Monster Hunter Freedom 1 & 2, Shinseiki Evangelion: Tsukareshi Sekai and Guilty Gear XX Slash.

I really only use it for homebrew and emulators.

I mainly use iRShell, Dosbox, NesterJ, Snes9x and every emulator that interests me...

Also can't forget Cave Story. Great port.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Metal Gear, loco roco, um... yeah, the commercial games really suck for the most part. But for the rest (CPS1&2, SNES, GB, PS1, GBA, MD), it's a really useful addition.
Leaves more room on the DS flashcarts for commercial games. Uh, I mean, non-emu homebrew.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Metal Gear, loco roco, um... yeah, the commercial games really suck for the most part. But for the rest (CPS1&2, SNES, GB, PS1, GBA, MD), it's a really useful addition.

Yeah exactly... It emulates pratically everything
smile.gif
It would be even better with a keyboard of some sort... I should investigate more into piKey and iR keyboards support.

Has someone here ever used them?

Leaves more room on the DS flashcarts for commercial games. Uh, I mean, non-emu homebrew.
So true
rofl2.gif

pika3000

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd say that PSP howebrew does a lot that DS homebrew doesn't such as let music play while in-game or a good web browser (I think links 2 is better than the built-in browser itself) also by the way....

also, those that say that psp games suck clearly don't own a psp...

Also can't forget Cave Story. Great port.

I've heard of Cave story for the PSP before but is it a homebrew or a commercial game ? because I looked for it on Gamefaqs and google but could find any information but an unofficial demo.

HyoImowano

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Good PSP Games:

Bomberman Land
Snoopy vs. The Red Baron
Parodius Portable
Dragonball Z Shin Budokai
Loco Roco

50 Cent: Bulletproof is also pretty decent, but I still have to agree that the PSP is better for homebrew and not so much for commercial games.

betawind

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
freakazaa said:
... plus you dont have to buy a slot-2 solution to emulate gba on a psp

the ds doesn't even need to emulate gba... it plays it natively; but yeah, when i want emulation (snes, etc.) i use my psp.

The DS does NOT play GBA ROMs natively, which is the point I'm sure aznbrotha was trying to make. If you want to play GBA ROMs on a DS, you have to get a Slot 2 solution, as there is no Slot 1 cart that will do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw