Is there a way to play Call Of Duty Black Ops II on Wii U without the game disk?

FINPOSTI

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have tried to install the game from multiple sites, the game comes with .wux file.
If you know how, please let me know!

FINPOSTI

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, if you have a wux, you have to extrat the content of the game before installing it. But you can find the game in an installable format, I just find it
Well, usb helper does not have the game.
i don't know where I should get the game.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@FINPOSTI As you have the wux already I would recommend to google the disc key (we're neither allowed to tell nor link to it), then use the information from the link above to extract installable content from the wux.

Reactions: FINPOSTI

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, usb helper does not have the game.
i don't know where I should get the game.
Took me all but 2 minutes to find it. You have to develop your google skills a bit. Besides, those skills will come in handy when USB Helper stops working soon... when the Wii U eShop closes, so will USB Helper.

FINPOSTI

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@FINPOSTI As you have the wux already I would recommend to google the disc key (we're neither allowed to tell nor link to it), then use the information from the link above to extract installable content from the wux.
Im sorry, but what software do i need to install to put the key and game in?
You don't have to send the link, just say the software name.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

FINPOSTI

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Took me all but 2 minutes to find it. You have to develop your google skills a bit. Besides, those skills will come in handy when USB Helper stops working soon... when the Wii U eShop closes, so will USB Helper.
I only found the game as wux...

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Even after March 27, 2023, and for the foreseeable future, it will still be possible to redownload games and DLC
(source: https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/57847/~/wii-u-&-nintendo-3ds-eshop-discontinuation-q&a)

So most likely the download servers will stay online after the closure, so download tools will continue to work just fine.
Hmm, to my understanding, only people who had previously bought the games will be able to download them again after the closure. Now, the question is, will apps like USB Helper be able to impersonate a legitimate user who previously bought the game, in order to download it freely? I don't have the answer, but it will be interesting to find out.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the question is, will apps like USB Helper be able to impersonate a legitimate user who previously bought the game, in order to download it freely?
There is zero authentication on the servers. That's why USB Helper works right now: It doesn't fake a legitimate user nor does it fake a purchase but it simply downloads the files. You can do the same with your web browser (but probably a bit hard to get the correct URLs without tools).
Ofc. we can't see into the future but it seems unlikely that Nintendo changes this.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is zero authentication on the servers. That's why USB Helper works right now: It doesn't fake a legitimate user but simply downloads the files. You can do the same with your web browser (but probably a bit hard to get the correct URLs without tools).
Ofc. we can't see into the future but it seems unlikely that Nintendo changes this.
You're more than likely right, if it worked before, it will probably continue to do so. It will be interesting to see if Nintendo tries to implement additional rules down the line. I'm sure their ultimate goal is to shut down the servers completely, not to supply free games for the pirates.

CrazySquid

Trophies
XP
Country
You're more than likely right, if it worked before, it will probably continue to do so. It will be interesting to see if Nintendo tries to implement additional rules down the line. I'm sure their ultimate goal is to shut down the servers completely, not to supply free games for the pirates.
Nintendo doesn't care about piracy on the Wii U. They patched the 3DS and Switch downloads, but on Wii U this was never done.
You just could keep downloading stuff. I take it as our gift for supporting the system...
̶A̶l̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶t̶e̶c̶h̶n̶i̶c̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶W̶i̶i̶ ̶U̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶l̶o̶a̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶C̶e̶m̶u̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶e̶v̶e̶r̶

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4