Is there a way i can create a sub account within my PSN account and select which games can be played in it

ChronicMasturbator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry if this is a dumb question but from all i've googled it seems i will need to use the Family Management settings for what i'm trying to achieve and i've never had any experience with them before because there was no need. Ok now... I have a PS5 and i recently gave my old PS4 to my niece. The only game she plays is Genshin Impact, but when she first started playing it (and for quite awhile until i gave her the PS4) she played it on my PS5 on my account, meaning she still needs to use my account at home on the PS4 or start all over again.

Only thing is me and my sister do not get along, so i do not want her playing any of the other games on my account that i paid for. Can i create a sub account with it's own name and password and move Genshin Impact into that so i can then simply change the password on the main account or do Family Management settings just allow you to only change what games can be played based on their rating (ie. H, PG, M, R etc.) ?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have no particular answer to the question either way (be it limiting, moving profiles, moving profiles on the genshin impact side of things) but what might be easier in the long run is sponsor a few of the microtransactions for it and have her start over with some shiny paid costume or three.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've had some experience in game sharing on the ps4. If the password is changed or the account that owns the game cannot access psn the games will not launch. The only way around this would be to set the PS4 or the one that you do not want on psn to be your active primary console. The problem this creates is that if your PS5 system is offline for what ever reason you will not be able to play your owned games.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how family settings management works, but iirc each game has a rating from 1 to 9, which you can restrict. I know you can see this on the ps3 in information, possibly ps4 and 5 as well.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so a genshin impact account is bounded to the PlayStation account it's first synced with including the creation of the new account, so no there is no way for her to play that same genshin account on that PlayStation 4 without your account. With that said there is still a way for you to give her that genshin account and that is for her to play on a PC or mobile device (android has no controller support while iOS has controller)

Sorry I have no knowledge of how family management works what you can and can't restrict and whether or not that restriction applies to the console, the game, the profile, or some combination of the three

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work