Homebrew Is there a n64 emulator

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSX emulation isn't hard in terms of power.

No, but finding the right people with interest is akin to finding a needle in a haystack. In terms of raw power, the Wii U is a very capable machine, it's a matter of optimizing it to use a PPC core for the more complex emulators; if NERD can achieve full speed DS emulation, so can others.

dankzegriefer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, but finding the right people with interest is akin to finding a needle in a haystack. In terms of raw power, the Wii U is a very capable machine, it's a matter of optimizing it to use a PPC core for the more complex emulators; if NERD can achieve full speed DS emulation, so can others.
I know.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
No most games by rare don't work and there are a number of other problems as well.
That is like, all N64 emulators though. I think Conker is still quite bad, at least if you play PAL version on most N64 emus and stuff. N64 emulation is harsh, and far from perfect even today.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is like, all N64 emulators though. I think Conker is still quite bad, at least if you play PAL version on most N64 emus and stuff. N64 emulation is harsh, and far from perfect even today.

You can play Conker's Bad Fur Day on PJ64 2.3 with GlideN64 just fine, it's one of the few plugins that works with it well. Most others like Rice Video, etc run it like crap.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as the right plugins are used, the default runs don't do it well. On the VC, the game runs buttery smooth, but stupidly uses linear audio interpolation, when other VC games don't.
Oh, I thought we were still talking about Wii U VC.

Reactions: Deleted-379826

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I thought we were still talking about Wii U VC.

Sorry, I amended my last post, I was, and I just woke up >< I was saying the game looks and plays very well on the Wii U, no weird glitches with the graphics. Only beef is they botched the audio

Real N64/PJ64 LLE audio (cycle-accurate) - https://filetrip.net/view?r6wwd6QDbD
Wii U VC - https://filetrip.net/view?K6QoC2uKOa

There are five notes, and on the last note is the pitch the highest in the wind instruments, you can hear how raspy the Wii U emulation is. Why this game is the only one to sound so bad is anyone's guess; Not64 also uses linear interpolation, which is an odd design choice as it offers no benefits.

I've done a couple of ABX tests, and the Wii U VC version sounds nothing like the real game, my friend owns the physical version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Might've snorted crack on Bezos' yacht talking about how to move the company forward.