Homebrew Is there a cfw that has no patches?

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so I needed to test something out that requires sig checks to be on and allowed so my only choice was to see if someone can make me (or already existing) a cfw that only has firm protection. If it exists can anyone please link to it?
Thanks

GravitySuitCollector

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

jimmyj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i tried corbenik and it keeps saying that it fails to patch twl and agb even though i have no patches applied (just firm write protection)

jimmyj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
here, just freshly compiled. should work
to compile it yourself however, just follow standard requirements to normally build luma.
Thanks I just couldn't figure out how to install firmthing and run make

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, what are you trying to accomplish? If you can't compile a luma build you obviously don't know how to operate devkitpro. This isn't an insult i'm just trying to save you some trouble.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, what are you trying to accomplish? If you can't compile a luma build you obviously don't know how to operate devkitpro. This isn't an insult i'm just trying to save you some trouble.
if he hasnt compiled a Luma build before he wouldnt be aware of the need for Firmtool. and w/o it a Luma build would fail.

jimmyj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This https://gbatemp.net/threads/did-i-make-the-right-choice.480767/#post-7515448

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And for that I need funkycia2 with my ticket.db wich I still can't figure out how to use it (I have python but when opening it it crashes)

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This https://gbatemp.net/threads/did-i-make-the-right-choice.480767/#post-7515448

And for that I need funkycia2 with my ticket.db wich I still can't figure out how to use it (I have python but when opening it it crashes)
Make sure you are using the right Python version, I think it needs Python 2.x but it might be 3.x.
Edit: You were already told that making a legit CIA and transferring it won't work though.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

jimmyj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK so I was doing dsiware transfer and it gave me an error mid way it did not transfer my games and I thought I might add my nnid, then I did some trouble shooting and basically I can't do anything right now and I needed to see if the game would be signed so I could re transfer. Honestly I think my explanation right here misses a ton of stuff I also did so if you can please read that thread

Make sure you are using the right Python version, I think it needs Python 2.x but it might be 3.x.
Edit: You were already told that making a legit CIA and transferring it won't work though.
Yeah but with that software I can make one that will work on my source and target because it has my console id etc. So it will transfer

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
OK so I was doing dsiware transfer and it gave me an error mid way it did not transfer my games and I thought I might add my nnid, then I did some trouble shooting and basically I can't do anything right now and I needed to see if the game would be signed so I could re transfer. Honestly I think my explanation right here misses a ton of stuff I also did so if you can please read that thread

Yeah but with that software I can make one that will work on my source and target because it has my console id etc. So it will transfer
I don't think it's that simple, but you could try.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Why would it be signed? The only way to obtain signed cias is from pre-installed titles that were on the 3ds from the factory. Also, was it from 2 of the same consoles or was it from o3ds to n3ds? if it was the former you could transfer back to the first 3ds, then transfer again to the second 3ds.

jimmyj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think it's that simple, but you could try.
I legit don't have any more options, I cant call ninty nor can buy another game nor get ntrboothax

Why would it be signed? The only way to obtain signed cias is from pre-installed titles that were on the 3ds from the factory. Also, was it from 2 of the same consoles or was it from o3ds to n3ds? if it was the former you could transfer back to the first 3ds, then transfer again to the second 3ds.
It would be signed because it came from my ticket.db and I bought that dsi ware, it's one of the features of funky cia2,to me cias that are signed by using your ticket.db which contains my console id

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I legit don't have any more options, I cant call ninty nor can buy another game nor get ntrboothax

It would be signed because it came from my ticket.db and I bought that dsi ware, it's one of the features of funky cia2,to me cias that are signed by using your ticket.db which contains my console id
Still not sure about that, but answer the second question.

jimmyj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Still not sure about that, but answer the second question.
Old 3ds I already thought of lots of things
That's why in my post I said nor can I call ninty(minor and I'm sure that if I go to my parents to ask them to call ninty and say to them: hey ma I've been haxing my new 2ds xl,it gave me an error so call ninty to sort it otherwise rip me)

Last edited by jimmyj,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Minox @ Minox:
    No idea what any of those things you mention are
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits... +1