Hacking Is Sandisk a good brand for MicroSDHC?

DS64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well its okay other than the fact that a few games will freeze on it because of its speed. I tend to stay away from Sandisk.

CeePhour

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.HWHQ.com
XP
Country
United States
The 4GB SanDisk microSDHC they carry at Best Buy is only Class 2... I'd stay away. Unfortunately, for some people, they can't order online with cards and have to pay with cash or checks, and have no choice but to buy stuff like this.

DS64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont own the 4GB version but I do own the 2GB version, it plays all games just fine except for 2 or maybe 3 games.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Rebound said:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...rksid=p3907.m29

thats the one im buying
No, that's a Class 2, which is the slowest speed available. I recommend getting an A-Data 4 gig class 6 card, for it's the fastest, and has no problem with even the probalmatic games.

QUOTE(AznMyztik @ Apr 1 2008, 03:26 AM) Well I'm thinking of getting a SanDisc 8GB Class 4 microSDHC card. Would it be worth getting?
I have that. It works fine, but freezes every once in awhile on my SCDS1 SDHC. It happens fairly often, but it's not too bad. It should work fine on Cyclo, for it's less picky with micro sd's.

xCuteBunnyx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'll be slower than the top brands.
Try Castevania: POR on the sandisk. And if that works, pretty much almost every game will work.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Kingston, Toshiba and A-Data makes good memorycards that are worth the money, Sandisk don't.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm using SanDisc 4GB Class 2 SDHC on my Cyclo DS..And I don't have any problems..Been using it for several months, played lots of games, no freeze whatsoever..It even plays Castlevania: PoR..

Looks like I just got the right card!!
smile.gif

SpectralSounds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the Sandisk 8gig and Castlevania PoR works just fine for me on the Cyclo. Ive used Sandisk 1gigs on the R4 and now the 8 gig on the CycloDS and never had any problems with their chips.

Rebound

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Toni Plutonij said:
I'm using SanDisc 4GB Class 2 SDHC on my Cyclo DS..And I don't have any problems..Been using it for several months, played lots of games, no freeze whatsoever..It even plays Castlevania: PoR..

smile.gif

Thats just what I wanted to hear, thanks

krazykirk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Urziel said:
i just came back from Cyclods forums... how come people say that Cyclo is ok with kingston? there is a thread there with people who fried their MicroSDs due to the new firmware... anyone that has any ideas?

http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5280 here is the thread, enjoy

The firmware that fried the MicroSD cards were highly unstable beta builds. The problem has been fixed in the v1.3 release.

gaol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:

smile.gif

Exactly same experience here with the same card.

A lot is made of speed classes with no proof it is the actual cause of problems. My sandisk has worked perfectly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you @BigOnYa ??