Hacking Is it safe to update to 11.4 with luma?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@Dionicio3

I`m on 11.2 with A9+Luma and want to go to 11.4 as well. Do I need to backup something or just hit update and be happy?

Edit: Also, anyone with a R4iGold knows if it`s still working on 11.4?
Make sure you update to the latest Luma3DS first. If you are using a new3DS, the reboot patches were broken in 6.6 and updated in 7.0+. Once Luma3DS is updated, update your system
Ooh so those posts that I read all, were about the N3Ds and not O3Ds.

So I can update my O3Ds with luma and use all stuffs like hourglass,FBI,HB etc. like before without problems.

Thanks thanks
A9LH payloads like Hourglass9 will never be effected by updates. So long as you can boot into your CFW, CIAs (this including homebrew like FBI.) If you installed Homebrew launcher cia, it will still work, but you need to update the payloads.

Reactions: Dionicio3

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
How do I do that?
FBI > Pending Titles
(DO NOT confuse "Pending Titles" with "Titles")
It normally should be empty, unless you have an update nag in-progress.
Once you delete it, the notification goes away. Until it's re-downloaded (if you leave wireless open).

You can still use ctr-httpwn (included in homebrew channel) so that you keep playing online without being forced to update to the latest firmware (so if you're on a 11.3+Luma+HBC, you can use it to play online even with Nintendo shipping 11.4 or any future versions of their firmware).
ctr-httpwn also nicely prevents the update nag from downloading as long as you have wireless open and it running.
However, ctr-httpwn is no longer possible to use if you upgrade to 11.4

Your choice.
Personally, I'm still on 11.2+Luma. There's absolutely no reason to upgrade besides Nintendo's "stability" which I'm not really eager to get, or eShop access (you can go retail).

Last edited by GHANMI,

marbles73

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FBI > Pending Titles
(DO NOT confuse "Pending Titles" with "Titles")
It normally should be empty, unless you have an update nag in-progress.
Once you delete it, the notification goes away. Until it's re-downloaded (if you leave wireless open).

You can still use ctr-httpwn (included in homebrew channel) so that you keep playing online without being forced to update to the latest firmware (so if you're on a 11.3+Luma+HBC, you can use it to play online even with Nintendo shipping 11.4 or any future versions of their firmware).
ctr-httpwn also nicely prevents the update nag from downloading as long as you have wireless open and it running.
However, ctr-httpwn is no longer possible to use if you upgrade to 11.4

Your choice.
Personally, I'm still on 11.2+Luma. There's absolutely no reason to upgrade besides Nintendo's "stability" which I'm not really eager to get, or eShop access (you can go retail).
I want to update to 11.4 because I play Badge Arcade which requires the ctr thing to open but I also play Pokémon S&M which disables the ctr thing every time it's opened. The update prompts are annoying and having to open HBL and ctr but I don't feel safe updating to 11.4 in case Nintendo releases 11.5 or something blocking Badge Arcade and eShop etc. which the ctr thing doesn't work on. Is there anything I can do? This is old 3DS by the way.

Last edited by marbles73,

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
I want to update to 11.4 because I play Badge Arcade which requires the ctr thing to open but I also play Pokémon S&M which disables the ctr thing every time it's opened. The update prompts are annoying and having to open HBL and ctr but I don't feel safe updating to 11.4 in case Nintendo releases 11.5 or something blocking Badge Arcade and eShop etc. which the ctr thing doesn't work on. Is there anything I can do?
Just update

marbles73

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Make a NAND backup before you update and store it somewhere safe. Maybe multiple locations.

Just update luma first, then to 11.4 using system settings
Okay so I guess there's nothing I can do about a potential 11.5 and I have to update anyway since Nintendo should be blocking 11.3 online shortly. Alright, just going to backup, update Luma and figure out how to make the HBL work. Thanks for the help.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I guess there's nothing I can do about a potential 11.5 and I have to update anyway since Nintendo should be blocking 11.3 online shortly. Alright, just going to backup, update Luma and figure out how to make the HBL work. Thanks for the help.
Why are you using HBL? Most things are available as CIA. You don't really need to use HBL unless you're trying to dump DSP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet