Hardware Is it safe to share a friend ps plus?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've read a lot of warnings on other websites, but no real ban report from a real user who shared his account legitimately (friend to friend).
The only ban reports I've read so far are from users with pirated (sold and/or publicly shared) PSN accounts or using PSN on hacked consoles.

don't log more than 2 consoles to the same account at the same time.
the console set as "main" does not require a PSN connection to launch the games, and all accounts on that console can play the games so he can even use his account to play your games but get his own trophies.
So, your friend need to become the main console for your account, you need to disable it from yours first. you'll need to be connected to your account to play PSN games if your console is not the main one anymore.
when you want to stop sharing it, if your friend doesn't disable the "main" option because he want to annoy you, you can force a "console as main" reset, but you can do it only once every 6 months.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: peteruk

spkuja

Trophies
Website
www.glaciergaming.co.uk
XP
Country
My friend and I share this way:

My account has his PS4 registered as the main console
His account has my PS4 registered as the main console

I have my account on my PS4 set to auto sign in
He has his account set on his account to auto sign in

This way, when I want to play one of his games, I don't need to sign his account in on my PS4, and the same for him. We've not encountered any issues so far using this method.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thank you, you might be the first user I've read who reported it as working fine :)
every other places I've found, the users are afraid of doing it and suggesting everybody not to do it. (while even Sony is explaining on their website how to do it)

I don't know if you can set one console to be the "main" for multiple account, but I guess we should prevent doing that. that's probably what bans people.
and like said above, don't use more than 2 consoles with your account at the same time.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: peteruk
D

Deleted User

If your friend doesn't accidentally hit the report button on your account then no.

domi132

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My Account is on 3 ps4 my and 2 ps4 from cousin should i care now or? But just one is primary and that is my ps4.

spkuja

Trophies
Website
www.glaciergaming.co.uk
XP
Country
thank you, you might be the first user I've read who reported it as working fine :)
every other places I've found, the users are afraid of doing it and suggesting everybody not to do it. (while even Sony is explaining on their website how to do it)

I don't know if you can set one console to be the "main" for multiple account, but I guess we should prevent doing that. that's probably what bans people.
and like said above, don't use more than 2 consoles with your account at the same time.

You can only set one PlayStation as your main, but as long as you set your account to auto sign on on your own PS4, it works fine :)

Reactions: Cyan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative