Hacking is it safe to play online with SX OS?

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
General rule of thumb is, don't install any games to your nand (neither nsp or xci), don't cheat online, and don't mod online. Also don't play any pirated game while online, or you will most certainly be banned. If you don't do anything of this you are relatively save to go online on cfw with atmosphere and sxos. (keep in mind, it's never 100% save)

If you want to play your own self dumped cardiges with their cert included, it's also relatively save to do, but if Nintendo would really go all in, they could add code to detect sxos xci loading, because of the way sxos implemented it, so check the changes before updating.

I'm online with cfw since about a month after sxos got released, and I'm still not banned on any of my two switches.

Reactions: RedHunter

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
General rule of thumb is, don't install any games to your nand (neither nsp or xci), don't cheat online, and don't mod online. Also don't play any pirated game while online, or you will most certainly be banned. If you don't do anything of this you are relatively save to go online on cfw with atmosphere and sxos. (keep in mind, it's never 100% save)

If you want to play your own self dumped cardiges with their cert included, it's also relatively save to do, but if Nintendo would really go all in, they could add code to detect sxos xci loading, because of the way sxos implemented it, so check the changes before updating.

I'm online with cfw since about a month after sxos got released, and I'm still not banned on any of my two switches.
Oh so I'm not the only one on this forum not being banned, I was starting to belive it I was :D
You played even more than me, both of us even before emunand existed.

I'm pretty sure most of the banned people here have done some mistakes and got banned and now they blame SX.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh so I'm not the only one on this forum not being banned, I was starting to belive it I was :D
You played even more than me, both of us even before emunand existed.

I'm pretty sure most of the banned people here have done some mistakes and got banned and now they blame SX.
Yeah, on the reswitched discord the climate is not that bad in terms of going online with cfw (but strictly against piracy/back loading), but here are many pirating people, who want to have an easy way to pirate, and for those people just going online without cfw an a dedicated nand is the best rule ^^.
If I remember it correctly, the reswitched team implemented the emunand in Atmosphere mostly, to allow people using software exploits (for example on patched switches) to be able to go online, while staying on moddeable Sysnand.
Many of the atmosphere devs are even online with their modded switches themself.

bao3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.vultr.com
XP
Country
China
Everyone saying it's not safe and all... Meanwhile I'm still playing online with SX every week since 08/10/18

I'm i lucky, I'm i simply smarter than all of you? Who knows.
Hey guys, I post a question about this , and I wanna to play online games( all the games are bought from eshop) on CFW sysNAND . So could confirm that you are not banned ??

If that true , I would do that like you do . Its so great.

stitchxd

Trophies
Website
gnusocial.me
XP
Country
United States
so why i need to pay for sx os license? i can use hekate and load the atmosphere for free , i thought ican play online with this method.
is this true?
SX-OS is made by Team Xecuter. They do not open source much if at all so their shit costs money.

Atmosphere is open source (and in this case also free) so it's more popular. You can still use atmosphere though - at this point just use emunand for homebrew and sysnand for online play (but there will ALWAYS be risk of getting banned!!!!)

Reactions: Fritss

Raugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
SX-OS is made by Team Xecuter. They do not open source much if at all so their shit costs money.

Atmosphere is open source (and in this case also free) so it's more popular. You can still use atmosphere though - at this point just use emunand for homebrew and sysnand for online play (but there will ALWAYS be risk of getting banned!!!!)

He can't use the sys for online play because is a patched switch and need to be in 4.1 to use caffeine that is why the OP opened the thread.

Reactions: stitchxd

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why do people still ask this? I know people are new to the scene and such but whenever you're doing something that isn't an intended feature you're going to be punished if caught. Game exploits for example in online games if you abuse them you can get permanently banned. Messing with the software and operating systems of devices is no different when you are enabling open doors to piracy and other things companies don't want you meddling with and have user agreements protecting. I mean they literally have fuses to prevent you from downgrading, just think about it they clearly don't want you doing these things security on games consoles has substantially improved in the past 10 years.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think they stopped making it due to disks exploding lol