Hardware Misc Is it possible to overclock a TN new 3ds display?

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
This is probably the coolest thread I've found on this site. @Sono your overclocking tool is very cool, but how exactly do I use it to get higher than the default 99 FPS? My understanding of display timings is very basic (too basic). I can't exactly tell whether or not there is vignette/bloom/etc on the upper display due to the fact that it is blank in the software. My N3DSXL has an IPS upper display and a TN lower display. I am very willing to help you any way I can.

That's no good if the top screen is blank! Turn off that 3DS immediately!
The top screen should show a spinning Lenny text in a light blue background.

It's very hard to explain how to get higher than what I have set, as it requires a deep understanding of the display controller, and even I have difficulty understanding it, even though it's an ultra-basic CRT controller.

Reactions: Canned_Noodles

Canned_Noodles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's no good if the top screen is blank! Turn off that 3DS immediately!
The top screen should show a spinning Lenny text in a light blue background.
oh... thanks for the heads-up, lol
It's very hard to explain how to get higher than what I have set, as it requires a deep understanding of the display controller, and even I have difficulty understanding it, even though it's an ultra-basic CRT controller.
Alright. Since it seems the top panel can't be overclocked, I don't think I'll bother with trying to do it. Thanks.

Reactions: Sono

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol