sopopofo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Brick, N3DS EUR, version 9.5.0-22e, used browserhax
MD5 checksums checked after I downloaded the .cia -files
Checked checksums of each file after copying them to the SD-card. The last thing that was seen on my N3DS:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5228786/brik.png
After that, blank top screen, lower screen showed that something went wrong.

Silly me for not waiting :)
The N3ds was connected to the power source while updating, battery was full.
Can't enter recovery either.

Edit: Was supposed to post it here https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-list-of-known-bricks-due-to-an-attempt-to-downgrade-to-9-2.407920/

Last edited by sopopofo,

DinckelMan

Your Favorite Water Mage!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have a 10.3 o3DS with Ironhax 2.5 installed. I really wanna try to downgrade, but don't need to AND i'm afraid to lose my 3DS like no other cause i ain't no millionaire :\

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
So, I'm seeing all these success posts of people downgrading but I'm still nervous about doing the downgrade. I could mess something up and I have a limited edition Pikachu 3DS XL and I don't want to brick it so is it safer to wait for JustPingo's app to be released?

friend of mine has the pikachu 3dsXL but the downgrade was successful for her, but if i were you i would wait.

why? because for me it took 4 tries and my heart was skipping beats during the process because i got 3 soft bricks while tryin the downgrade LOL..
it is a luck thing with the current downgrade method.

so my advice would be to wait.

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
friend of mine has the pikachu 3dsXL but the downgrade was successful for her, but if i were you i would wait.

why? because for me it took 4 tries and my heart was skipping beats during the proccess because i got 3 soft bricks during doing the downgrade LOL..
it is a luck thing with the current downgrade method.

so my advice would be to wait.
3 soft-bricks . . . and you kept trying? . . . why?

Rosselman

Spooky Skeleton
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
i find it hard to believe . . . personally i skimmed the instructions and everything went as smooth as possible . . . yolo! . . . so i cant see how someone can actually pay attention and still brick

of course i may have just been lucky so my advice is wait for what is/should be safe(ish) solution (if it somehow never comes to be only then consider the current downgrade method)
On the n3DS, a lot of luck comes into play. It's not very safe.

Verrannicus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a 10.3 or whatever o3DS, but I'm way too scared to try and follow any of the 'easy' guides out there. When this KTM thing comes out, what sort of steps are we looking at to take a system like mine to the point where I can begin putting games on it? Was supposed to be done with all this by getting a Sky3DS for Christmas for my wife, but then everyone sold out. xD I'm not very tech savvy, just want to give this to my wife so she can play her cutesy games.

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have a 10.3 o3DS with Ironhax 2.5 installed. I really wanna try to downgrade, but don't need to AND i'm afraid to lose my 3DS like no other cause i ain't no millionaire :\
That's what I did, worked like a charm, currently runnin' that 10.3 emuNAND with all my Smash DLC still intact. All is good with the world, yo.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 10.3 or whatever o3DS, but I'm way too scared to try and follow any of the 'easy' guides out there. When this KTM thing comes out, what sort of steps are we looking at to take a system like mine to the point where I can begin putting games on it? Was supposed to be done with all this by getting a Sky3DS for Christmas for my wife, but then everyone sold out. xD I'm not very tech savvy, just want to give this to my wife so she can play her cutesy games.
when the proper downgrade is released it will likely be simple and fast . . . the cfw setup itself can take some number of hrs depending on your skill with 3ds cfw. you may want to start reading now [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (Old 3DS and 2DS) (it is a WIP so you can always ask there and the threads creator will respond) the instructions are simple enough but its understanding the reasoning/terms & becoming familiar
the guide for sky users is half the size as the one for rxtools but in my opinion more complex as well
each game will also require time to install, installing games is easy tho
so that was my position and on an ambassador o3ds as well, and dont think i am telling you that you should use the current downgrade, but i also decided that if i bricked that i would sell my 3ds games and use the cash to buy another o3ds, and if under 9.2 great (time to pirate the games i sold). if not then just wait for the real downgrade to be released then pirate the games i sold (and the ambassador games i lost) but . . .
. . . everything worked out for me so :yay3ds: now i don't need to but, i can still sell those games (pirate them back) and use that cash to cut the cost on a n3ds :moogle:

Last edited by wormdood,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Back