Is better Quadcore(2.3 GHz) or Octacor(1.5GHz)?

Braig

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is better a processor 2.3 GHz Quad Core(Intel® Atom™ Z3580) or Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 + Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53 (octacore)?

Last edited by Braig,

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the first Quad core is Intel based 2.3Ghz is going to kill an 8 core Arm CPU. But also consume a lot more power.

If they are both ARM... After quad core it really depends on what your doing. GPU is more important for games than CPU and quad is plenty.

Really it depends on what your using it for :) Games will see almost no difference between them.

Edit: Ahhh Intel's phone CPU's... still use a bit more power but not a ton more... I think they are still faster than ARM CPU's though.

Last edited by Psionic Roshambo,
Reactions: Braig

Braig

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If the first Quad core is Intel based 2.3Ghz is going to kill an 8 core Arm CPU. But also consume a lot more power.

If they are both ARM... After quad core it really depends on what your doing. GPU is more important for games than CPU and quad is plenty.

Really it depends on what your using it for :) Games will see almost no difference between them.

Edit: Ahhh Intel's phone CPU's... still use a bit more power but not a ton more... I think they are still faster than ARM CPU's though.
the gpu of the asus zenfone 2 is PowerVR G6430
the gpu of the moto g4 is Adreno 405

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so is the processor of the zenfone 2 better?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Well the Zenphone 2 is, hands down, more powerful than the Moto G4. But, as Rev said, Intel's CPUs on Android do occasionally have compatibility issues. So your choice is basically more power, but less compatibility, or less power and more compatibility.

You still haven't answered what it is you're going to be doing with it exactly. If it's just games, both phones will perform well enough that you won't see any difference in anything other than emulation, and even then the performance will be mostly unnoticeable.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Adreno is going to be better on Android.... PowerVR might be better on Windows but holy hell on Android I literally hate it....

Admission time here, I have 3 "Octo Core" machines with PowerVR chips in them... And after over a year they have yet to release a single driver update to the companies that put them in their SoC's...

At this point in time I would say avoid them, they have good performance but with out newer drivers (again on Android) many 3D games will crash or be glitchy. The ones that run well (Walking Dead) are fun and run well but to be honest even Mali GPU's are better, at least they update stuff once in a while.

Again this is all based on Android, I have no experience with these GPU's under Windows but I can only imagine they work a lot better.

Braig

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well the Zenphone 2 is, hands down, more powerful than the Moto G4. But, as Rev said, Intel's CPUs on Android do occasionally have compatibility issues. So your choice is basically more power, but less compatibility, or less power and more compatibility.

You still haven't answered what it is you're going to be doing with it exactly. If it's just games, both phones will perform well enough that you won't see any difference in anything other than emulation, and even then the performance will be mostly unnoticeable.
sorry, yes i'm going to use it for games

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they have the same architecture, then chose the Octa Core. Cores takes priority over clock speed in most situations.

Braig

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What "less compatibility" basically means?
Does It mean that there are some incompatible apps that I can't use?
both phones will perform well enough that you won't see any difference in anything other than emulation
for example with ppsspp and other emulators what is the best?

Last edited by Braig,

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Matters what you mostly use it for. A higher clocked quadcore let's say a Snapdragon 820 in a Galaxy S7 would perform great in games and best performance per core but a exynos 8 core with lower clocks would perform much better with multitasking and much better battery performance.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by JoostinOnline,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum