Homebrew IOS downgrade?

Thornevald

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello there, my friend and I have a huge question concerning the installation of an IOS. We currently have IOS61 installed but we wanted to "downgrade" the IOS to IOS58 for an emulator (snes9x gx) to run. In some forums they say you can just simply install the IOS58 software on top of the other one via Homebrew Channel (here's the link: http://gbatemp.net/threads/i-keep-trying-to-install-ios58-but-it-stays-as-ios61.270611/) but here we read that your Wii can be bricked if you uninstall the IOS.

We don't want to take the risk (of course) and that's why we wanted to ask you what would happen, or what should we do? If there's another option besides reinstallation it could be of use. Thanks.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
You don't understand how an IOS works. The numbers are slots. There are A LOT of them. IOS58 and IOS61 are different IOS's. You don't "downgrade" to another slot, that makes no sense.

Since you clearly don't get how the Wii works (and I'm not trying to offend you, it's like that for a lot of people), I strongly suggest downloading ModMii and redoing your softmod from scratch.

Thornevald

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Problem's solved, I investigated and learned more about how the Wii works. Thank you very much, it was very helpful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Creamy milk