Hacking Installing a9lh on o3ds xl with 5.1.0-6E

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I do have to upgrade via a cartridge to 9.2 as the Browserhax does not work with 4.5?
. . . browserhax ? . . . that is not needed to update
you can install rxtools(pastamode)/pastacfw and then use the hbc (installed as a cia) to load sysupdater and update that way

here is a (old cfw) guide for rxtools including updating to 9.0/9.2 if you use this guide you may (once complete) follow the plaiect guide from part 4 on

Last edited by wormdood,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I tried this solution (https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update) and there I get a FAILED when I try to dump Health&Safety.

APP0 not found or fragmented
Health&Safety Dump: failed!

But the EMuNand Health & Safety can be dumped. That is strange.
oh so your problem is you dont have a cia installer try this
Old method of installing a CIA installer. Download FBI.cia

You need to use rxTools 2.5.2 or above for this method! You can get 2.5.2 from rxTools.net, or follow the instructions from the section "How to Update to a Newer rxTools Version" to get the latest Nightly.

1. Boot up your 3DS and launch rxTools. Hold L when the bottom screen glitches to get into the menu. If you're using rxTools 2.5.2 or 2.6, hold R instead.

2. If using 3.0, press dpad RIGHT to go to Advanced Options -> Press A -> Install FBI -> Press A -> choose SYSNAND, then select "check TMD version".
If using 2.5.2 or 2.6, choose " Inject FBI over H&S app" and then choose "Install".
3. Take note of the console region and the TMD version, and turn off your 3DS.

4. Open the rxtools download and open the "Tools/fbi_injection/[region]/[version]" folder and copy the "fbi_inject.app" and "fbi_inject.tmd" files to the SD card root dir.

5. Put the FBI.cia from the FBI download onto your sd card

6. Boot up your 3DS and launch rxTools. Hold L (or R if using 2.5.2 or 2.6) when the bottom screen glitches to get into the menu.

7. If using 3.0, press dpad RIGHT to go to Advanced Options -> Press A -> Install FBI -> Press A -> choose SYSNAND, then select "Install FBI". When it's done, it will ask what you want to do with the source. Select "keep" if you want to install FBI to sysnand later.
If using 2.5.2 or 2.6, do the same as in step 2.
8. Now, return to the rxtools main menu and select RXMODE -> SYSNAND and launch the Health & Safety Information app, it should boot FBI instead
9. Select FBI.cia and press A to install it.

If you get a Database error! In your SD card, there should be a Nintendo 3DS folder. Open it, and open the folder inside that (has a long name of random numbers and letters); that is your Sysnand's ID folder.

If there are two or more ID folders, then do the following steps for both folders. One folder is for your Sysnand and the other is for your Emunand; if there is another similar folder, it probably belongs to another 3DS that you inserted your SD card into. Ignore the "private" folder if there is one.

There should be another folder within, so open that too. You should now see an "extdata" folder. If you don't see a "dbs" folder as well, download this zip folder and put the "dbs" folder beside the extdata folder.

*Again, if the dbs folder already exists, and you have a title.db and import.db file inside, do not replace them!

Should look similar to this:
5v60o.jpg

Now, boot the 3DS/2DS and go into System Settings —> Data Management —> Nintendo 3DS —> Software. It’ll ask to reset or repair your software management information or sd card, so allow it to do so.
10. You should now have a new FBI app on your home menu, use that to install your CIAs!
taken from this rxtools guide [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (Old 3DS and 2DS)

Reactions: samiam144

Kiesel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Whew, that was a long installation. But now I finally have a9lh :) I updated via cartridge and then just followed the guide.
Thank you all for your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1