Gaming In your opinion, what is the best CFW to have?

drewww75

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a noob and just have 4.01 M33-2. Only few of my iso's work on it or even show up. What CFW should i upgrade to in your opinion? Also i wanna be able to use gpsp
biggrin.gif
. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

KevFan

Trophies
XP
Country
drewww75 said:
What are the differences between those two? also i heard that one of those you cant play older games :/.
prometheus can play the latest psp games without patching the iso

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, honestly, it depends on what you plan to use it for. The two most common firmwares are 5.00 M33-6 and 5.50 GEN-D3/Prometheus v4. 5.00 is compatible with virtually all homebrew, while 5.50 has slightly less homebrew compatibility, but better ISO support thanks to the ability to run 6.20 games without a patch or plugin. And its POPS is more compatible with games like Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy VII.

D

Deleted User

Jolan said:
Update to 5.50 GEN-D3 with the direct updater and use the latest ISO Tool to patch the newer games because apparently prometheus CFW has a flaw with running some of the even newer games, or so I heard.

+1

overslept

WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5.50 prometheus is working great for me. All games and homebrews that I've tried have worked so far (including gpsp kai)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Giganutz